Sunday, October 1, 2023

Not Enough

Pamela and Kaleb took a quick trip for the weekend to get away and relax.

And maybe even celebrate their engagement. So that means David and I got to watch the grand floofs. Bri has learned she likes to play with our two overgrown lap dogs. All 78 pounds of them. They can bowl her over sometimes when they all get to running and playing. Now Sophie is another story. She's a sassy little old lady.. She's quite happy sleeping on a pillow or blanket. Hence why we call her the pillow princess. 
When it's time to eat it's like a zoo at the beginning because they all start spinning, jumping around and sometimes barking. But as the bowls go down and told who the bowl is for they all wait for their name and bowl. 
 
Bri and Sadie are friends.

Bri and Sophie with their long fluffy hair aren't necessarily farm dogs but Bri loves running and playing in the yard. While we were watching them we said poor Bruno is black and white while the other 3 are all red and browns.
Pamela asked Kaleb if he'd go with us Monday 9/25 to go meet her Mimi. Kaleb was a sweetheart and went with us. Pamela introduced him and told her Mimi that he was the man of her dreams and they were gonna get married. Mom seemed to acknowledge that Pamela was talking to her and when Kaleb would talk Mom would open her eyes and seem to listen. We hope that she understood even though she couldn't express it. It was a special moment and I really appreciated Kaleb for coming with us. It meant a lot to Pamela and me.
After visiting with Mom we took Kaleb to go see the wedding venue Pamela chose for them. When we were about a mile away the skies opened up and the wind was blowing like crazy. The car was rocking, the wind was blowing so hard. Hard to imagine that there was no rain at Pamela's house or ours.  But when it finally slowed down we got out of the car and went inside and the torture began. Yep. We tortured Kaleb. We made him take some pictures. Of course he was a mess and gave us a bad time but it was fun.
The venue was active cotton gin until the 1980's. The old scale is still there and Kaleb was shocked to see he weighted 800 pounds. LOL Just kidding! The scale no longer works and was stuck on 800 pounds and of course he had to pose special and I caught it on camera. Like I said he was and is a mess. He's one of a kind and a keeper.

They're so cute.
 
Then Pamela and I took a picture together. My hair was so wind blown I looked like the crazy woman I am.  Just saying.
Then a few days later. On Friday 9/29 my Mom passed away... Pamela and I wanted to go and see her one last time and say our last goodbyes even though she was already gone. Nurse Heather and Ms Purity, mom's caregiver, and the preacher were with with Mom when she passed. Ms Purity is such an awesome lady. In the short time Mom was with her, Ms Purity became attached. My Mom was also a one of a kind. She took such great care of Mom. For anyone who knew my Mom knew she could be feisty, loved a good joke and was always ready for fun. She loved her some chocolate, her favorite words were shit, I'll be damned and she might even have gave you the finger.  

My friend Janet sent me this picture of just that from the trip to Mexico and Padre Island that Mom and Joe took Me, Janet and our friend Terri my she rest in peace. I knew this day would come but it doesn't make it any easier. The below picture was from 1969. 
New year's Eve 1976                    Her and David being silly 
She was my Mom first and foremost and she spanked my butt many a time but she was my friend and co-heart in crime when it came to being mischievous. I loved her dearly and will miss those blue eyes, her smile and her laugh but I know she is free and in a much better place. If you click on the highlighted words here memories of my Mom. It will redirect you to my facebook post video. Be sure to unmute the sound..
         
Until my next post... "Though I'm Already Gone
I'm still the words I left behind
I'm still a memory to make you smile.... ~Lyrics from
"Even Though I'm Gone" by Chester See

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am so happy for you all with the news about Pam and Kaleb!
I am also happy I met your mother and looked into her blue eyes! So beautiful - those eyes!
Do you remember when the four of us went to a tea room - you, me, your mom, and Pam. We had the BEST desserts and I said something about it was SO good it was nearly better than sex!
Your mom said, "Well, it was good but I'm not certain it was THAT good!" She was a hoot!

Ashley Barrera said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, Carla!