Thursday, February 22, 2018

Blogversay and a little Music

Wow February marks my 7th year of blogging. Still not totally sure who all reads my my blog but I know there are several out there who do via email, bloglovin, facebook, or however for which I'm grateful. My writing style has changed some but not sure how much it has improved but it is what it is. So far I've bored you with my life adventures, music and my quilting. You just never know what or who I might blog about. You might even find your picture here. LOL
Now this year I'll be celebrating 40 years of marital bliss,(Yikes I know and to the same man) our daughter has her BS in Health from Texas A&M and in 2012 got her ADN in nursing  from Blinn and then in 2014 got her BSN in Nursing also from Texas A&M. She's been a nurse now for the last 6 years and loving it. Our Sheltie Dexter was 14 at that time has since passed at the age of 19. 
He lived a long and happy life but he was part of our family so his life wasn't long enough for me. 
Before he parted we adopted our Sheltie Lilley that you read about these days. I think she helped keep Dexter young a few days longer.  She brings us lots of joy and laughter.
And Pamela added Sophie to her family during that time and shows up in my blog posts often.   Who after I got Lilley found out she was Lilley's baby. They had an instant bond even after a 2 year separation.


We've been so busy with house stuff we haven't been going to listen to music as much but back on Feb 7 at Main Street Crossing we caught Two Tons of Steel. They rocked the place. The couple that sat at the table with us drove all the way from Claremore, OK to see Two Tons. Now that's dedication.
Kevin Geils leads this rockabilly band of 4. He has the voice, songs and the moves. 









The upright bass player is Jake. He's the nephew of a former co-worker who actually taught himself to play I hear from his auntie. Awesome player . 








The lead guitar player is Will. Holy cow! His hand is moving so fast it's a blur. Wow








And there's the drummer Rich who's got the beat. Go Rich Go

Their bio says they push the line between country and punk. All I know is that I like their sound and they're a great bunch of guys. They play at Gruene Hall in Gruene, TX every Tuesday if you're ever out that way. 


One of the things I learned  to do when blogging was to post pictures. LOL. 

Well we still haven't made the final call on who the builder for the house at the Rockin K will be but the Mini Mansion is coming along. David has finished all the electrical work. He's got all the wall insulation in except around the electrical panel and one window and the ceiling that we hope to finish up this weekend. We have 2 more panels of tin to go up. YAY. Putting that tin up on the ceiling took more time than we expected that's for sure. He'll work on the insulation in the ceiling the plywood decking when he goes up Friday before I get there on Saturday to help with the ceiling tin and wall paneling. My sweet friend and former boss Diana, offered me a beautiful antique table but unfortunately I had to turn it down. Once we put a bed, a cabinet, and a couple of chairs there won't be much room for a table. It would have been purdy in there but it won't fit. 
And in honor of National Drink Wine Day on February 18th Pamela and I dropped by Perrine Winery there in College Station. Not that we needed an excuse but hey.....  I forgot her flavor but I was drinking Red Zombie. Yummmmm
And that folks is how we ended the weekend.

Until next Blog.............. Keep a Smile on your face. It's Contagious!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Well, today is National Margarita Day and I made my first homemade margarita using Patron Tequila.....the first ever bottle I have bought for myself!
Someday we will be visiting you down there at the ranch! I for one read your blog and am so happy to be able to keep up with you and David! Glad we got to meet and spend time together back in our Katy Days! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog but I have to get the email telling me that it's up! Is your mini mansion going to be the guest house once everything is built?
Guess I better sign my name since the only thing I can choose from the list is "Anonymous"

~Sandy :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post! Seven years blogging, 40 married, kid grown and independent. Now it's just time to play and enjoy the pup.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla, thanks for you visit to me and I always love seeing and hearing about those beautiful little Shelties..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thanks for your visit to me Carla. I always love hearing and seeing those sweet little shelties..Have a wonderful week..Judy P.S. I sent this comment before but it didn't seem to take, so here is another just in case..

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog format! How long have you been running
a blog for? you make running a blog glance easy.

The full glance of your site is wonderful, let alone
the content material!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it's time to
be happy. I have learn this submit and if I may I want to suggest you some
fascinating issues or suggestions. Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article.
I wish to learn more issues about it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts
and I will be waiting for your next post thank you once again.

Lisa Roper said...

7 years blogging!! Wow!! The mini mansion looks awesome!! Lisa Roper