Sunday, October 22, 2023

Our 21st Quilt Retreat at Hidden Treasures was Great.

 10 years of planning quilting retreats for myself and friends. Wow.  This is our 21st retreat. Over half of the ladies that joined me at this retreat have been with me the entire 10 years. 
Warning PHOTO OVERLOAD...

As I said Donna Marie organized gathering gifts to put in the tote pictured here that she made. It had 10 of various items. Even 10 dollar bills x 3. Had a hard time capturing everything but you get the idea. Plus several of the girls gave everyone a welcoming gift.   Thank you Sheryl, Connie, Sandy, Kathy, Denise, Donna Lynn, Vicki, Jane, Anita and I know I'm forgetting someone but thank you all for everyone's welcome gifts.  

This little guy was already on my entry table so he didn't get pictured with the rest of our welcome gifts. I can't kill this one. LOL

Last thank you for now.  Thank you's go out to Vicki, Pat and Donna Lynn. They donated items for me to put in the door prize bags. I buy things throughout the year when I see them but their contribution helped fill the bags.

Moving on to the good stuff.... The fun and the finishes or just the starts of our many quilty projects.

I had to go back and look this quilt up and found that Donna Lynn started this quilt in 2019 and she finished it this retreat and started another quilt

       
This quilt had the sweetest vintage fabric and she put this one together pretty fast. With all this quilting going on Donna Lynn must have forgotten her passenger in the car.  Oops.... I believe she's been there a while.
LOL 




Pat pulled out a twister block quilt that she started well lets say a few days ago. mmmm That's her story and she's sticking to it.

And she brought a quilt for show n tell that she finished at a retreat she went to a week ago. Wow. Lots of work went into it. Beautiful.
Plus she completed a couple other cute projects.
    

Sandy has always been my overachiever when it comes to completely quilt tops when at retreat. She comes with them cut and ready to piece but this year she came ready to do some Diamond Painting. I have seen the kits on some sites but never knew what or how it's done.  She made this coaster for me.
She continued to drop those little beads where they belonged. I want to say she finished 3 different projects at least. It's kinda like painting by numbers but instead you're using little beads.


This is Donna Marie. She finished making the bag for me and then worked on a paper piecing project.
.
    
This crazy woman was on a roll. She finished up a quilt top, donation blankets, pillow cases and shared her cute dolls she made.  Ellen is the life of the retreat.

 And she started another quilt top. 
This is my long time friend and sorority sister Sheryl. She doesn't quilt but she does wool punching. She takes a ball of wool and it becomes in this case a gnome wine bottle topper. She's also been my co-pilot for last several years to retreat. No gnomes were injured during this process. 


We love playing the dice game of Left Right Center. We all hope to win that money.
I love how Kathy gets into the game. She has a special dice throw trying to win. Didn't work at this retreat. It worked in April though. LOL
The big winner was Jane. It was the first time she has ever won the money
A bunch of folks went outside to catch this beautiful sunset one evening. Denise, Anita and I were the last to go back in.
Denise worked on this quilt and completed the top. Love it.  The retreat owner came in and was talking with us and I caught her on camera. Christi has an awesome retreat and she's the hostess with the mostest. The craft room was well light and the food was great. She provided us a nice variety of food. 
Christi was so easy to get a long with and very helpful. We will be going back to Hidden Treasures!
I better stop for now. I hope you've enjoyed the retreat as much as we did! I'll try to share a bit more in my next blog post.

Until then...What happens at quilting retreats, stays at quilting retreat unless your BPO has a blog. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great time had by all

donna said...

It was a great retreat. Thank you for all your hard work to make these retreats happen.
Loves you
donna