Saturday, October 7, 2023

Life does Continue On

 So Life must continue and Pamela and I had made plans to go to the 1st Annual Wedding Walk in Navasota. I think Mom would have wanted us to. I only lost it once when Pamela was talking about putting charms on her boutique of her grandparents that were gone. That's when I lost it. Even though I knew Mom wouldn't have been able to attend having dementia, the thought of her truly being gone hit. I know they'll all be looking down from Heaven watching Pamela and Kaleb on their special day.

I'm glad we went because we found some vendors we liked and want to research further and we got ideas. The organizers need to tweak a few areas. It was great how they highlighted a different vendor that would supposedly be present but they never told the visitors where we could or should start, if there was a cost or where we could or should park. And yes I messaged them asking those very questions but they came back that all vendor spots were full and maybe I could be a vendor next year. Huh?  I didn't ask about being a vendor. Person replying didn't apparently pay attention to the questions.  Now this next issue isn't necessarily their fault but they advertised several food and bartender trucks that would be present to provide catering for your wedding.  Imagine our surprise when we went to check them out and there was only 1 truck present. Yep only 1. Where was everyone?! That was disappointing to say the least. And the final problem I had with this walk was that by the time we got to the last 3-4 vendors most them were closing or closed and it was only 4pm. This was supposed to last until 6. Again disappointing. 

The one we did get to was a florist and they allowed each of the Brides to Be create a floral arrangement with how ever many flowers or greenery they wanted and even provided a vase to carry it in.  Here's what Pamela created. She did an awesome job.

Her wedding colors are going to be Navy and Burgundy with varying greenery and some other natural additions.




It was bed time and Sadie was already sound asleep in her kennel. How does she get in this position in her kennel but I guess she's comfy.   I wish I could to sleep as fast.





The other night after dinner David got up from the table and was looking out the window at the pasture when he suddenly goes "Damn". I'm like what's the matter? And he goes a snake just came up on the lower step of our back porch. That needs to go away.  He had to get out the door without the dogs. The snake was taken care of and went to the back pasture.  I'm thinking it was a harmless water snake but he was too close to our back door. 

Pamela's friend Chelsie came over to hang out. I love her new hair color.  She used have blonde hair. That's her behind Pamela. This new hair color looks great. 

Anyway She and Kaleb were comparing to see whose hair is longer. 

She won I think.  LOL






Our friends the Kennedy's from another mother gave us a present. Kelli came by to pick me up for the gym and lunch and gave me this awesome lazy susan.


Oh you remember from my last post when talking about my Mom and how she might flip you off.... Well I think Pamela takes after her Mimi.  I didn't even notice it until she I went back to look at the pictures on my phone and she started laughing. And the smile should have given it away but I didn't have my glasses on. I need a bigger phone screen. The little brat.

Tomorrow 10/7 we begin the wedding dress shopping. Wish us luck. We have a couple of different places to go look at between tomorrow and our next appointment in November. 

Then on Sunday I'm off to quilt retreat with 13 of my quilty friends. We're going to a new retreat and it should be great.  It's spacious and bright.  David will be at home on his own with our two loveable lap dogs. LOL  

So That's It for now.
Until next blog...“In three words I can sum up what I’ve learned about life: It goes on” ~ Robert Frost

3 comments:

donna said...

Pam and Kaleb look sew good together. Dannng glad the snake is gone. Ewwww!!!!!!
Hugs donna

Lisa Roper said...

Hey honey, nice to read this. You know your Mom will always be with you in spirit and you are part of her legacy. How sweet of Pamela to want to wear charms of her grandparents on her wedding day. I would have lost it, too, when she said that. Even though we know it’s going to happen we’re never ready and the reality hits us when we least expect it. She would want you to enjoy life just as you and Dave are doing. Love you, Lisa Roper

Lisa Roper said...

Really great to hear that you’re living life as your Mom would want. We know we can’t have them forever but it’s still a shock when they leave us. Reality hits at the oddest times and I would have lost it too when Pamela was talking about wearing grandparents charms, how very sweet. We love you! Carry on in your Mom’s legacy and talk to her often.