Sunday, December 31, 2023

Wine, Friends and more celebrations

 

Back in October I made some quilted post cards and I'm going to try to continue making them. Buying store bought cards is crazy expensive. I made this one for Pamela's future sister in law Sarah for her birthday. I have the fabric and I have the embellishments so why not make my own cards. A little more personal I think. I hope the recipients think so.  

Pamela and a few of her other nursing friends went to fredericksburg for the weekend. Some of the prettiest nurses I know.  She of course has many more but these nurses saved wine from a bottle one glass at a time.  LOL  Nurses deserve their R&R time for sure.    



Speaking of wine. (Dec 17)                                                                     David and I are club members at the Rising Sun Vineyards in McDade and it was time to pick up our wine. We asked John and Kelli to join us so they could try out another winery they'd never been too but first we went to have lunch at Southside Market in Elgin for some tasty BBQ.  It ended up being a beautiful day.

(Dec 21) We finally got to meet up with our friends Pam and Kevin in Georgetown. I was under the weather the last time we tried. We met at Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill for a bite to eat before walking the square and doing some shopping. A variety of choices and tasty. I got shrimp tacos. A little different from what I was expecting but the flavor was good. 

Once we filled our tummies we headed to the square and went in the shops. One of the shops had ladies actually doing handwork on a clients quilt top. For me it was fun to watch and talk with them. Of course the others kept on going around the shop. 

None of us actually bought anything until Pam found some red reading glasses but we were getting thirsty. So we continued around the square to stop at maybe Grape Creek Winery tasting room only it was stand outside which was misty and chilly or stand at the bar so walked a couple doors down and stopped in at the Black Sugar Caffe. They had sitting areas and a wide variety of drink options.  From Coffee, wine, beer and spiked coffee, frappes, beer..... you name it they seemed to have it. They also had pastries and other bites to eat. We found a comfy spot to sit and chat while sipping our drinks.  We decided to go try a winery outside of Georgetown. And we ended up in Liberty Hill at the Thirsty Mule, Schitz Creek Distillery & Brewry.  All on the same property.  It was a fun place and most of the decor was Mule related. LOL
Okay so I couldn't pass on a couple of T-shirts. I mean my 3x T-shirts are too big so I need to get the XL to fit me now right.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Of course I had to have one with the mule on it and the 2nd one is a favorite song that Pamela (daughter) like by Morgan Wallen. Silly but fun song.
 
We're so cute. Good Friends, Good Times.
We said our goodbyes after I got a final picture and went our separate ways to get home. It's always fun to see and hang out with Pam and Kevin.
Christmas Eve Kaleb and Pamela drove to Cypress to celebrate with Kaleb's family. And wait something is missing in this picture.... He trimmed most of his beard off. Wow. 


Christmas morning David, I and the pups got up and opened our presents and dug in our stockings. He got creative on wrapping this present.  He didn't want to waste the paper. LOL    The pups got bully sticks that they love and some soft chewy treats. Bruno wasted no time in enjoying his stick.
David got a new T-Shirt he saw on Facebook so I ordered it for him. 
 
I also found a ball cap that said "I'm always right. I'm Dave"

It's time to celebrate more Christmas and David's birthday. He's a Christmas baby.   This year Pamela & Kaleb hosted Christmas at their house with the twins, Kaleb's Mom and Dad and Kaleb's sister and her finance'.  This was Pamela's first time to do this so my presence was requested to help her cook and prep. By the time everyone got there the tree was loaded with presents.        Pamela made a cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip for crackers that was really tasty. And my friend Kelli sent a cheese log she made for Pamela to share.

Tori brought mashed potatoes, a southwest potato mix and another appetizer to share. I ate and it was good but the life of me I can't remember what was in it and I didn't get a picture. Ashley and Sarah brought sausage balls and I had broccoli, cheese and rice, plus Pamela asked for my dressing. She and Kaleb supplied the ham and rolls. And something got left in the fridge and I don't remember what it was.  Oh and Tori brought Oreo Cookie pie. OMG it was so good. She also brought bread pudding and I meant to ask if I could steal a piece to bring to eat the next day and forgot. Dang it.
Braxton was so ready to open presents and it was taking too long. Poor Killian started off his day not feeling well but he napped until dinner time and seemed to be feeling a tad better thank goodness.     Sarah (Kaleb's sister) and Ashley were the good little elves and passed out all the presents to everyone.
Tori and the girls were helping the boys open their presents as fast as they could

Before you knew all the presents were opened and the boys put Sarah to work putting some of the toys together. The boys were playing and checking out their new cool stuff.

We needed to leave and get home to feed our pups but before we did Kaleb and Pamela brought out Santa's big gift. The boys got new red bikes and helmets.             When I got home I realized I had left my apron and my Yeti water cup so I washed out my new cup from Pamela and Kaleb and put it to good use.
This side had my name and the other side had bluebonnets engraved on it. Pretty cool.
Well I believe I better stop. I'll finish off the year on my next post.
Until then... I hope everyone's Christmas was Merry and Bright.

4 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

What an awesome Christmas! I loved the Morgan Wallen T-shirt, but the Soggy Beaver T-shirt is hilarious!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Carla, it sounds like you had a busy but fun time (as you always do) for Christmas. We had those times too once upon a time, but lot quieter now..Happy New Year to you and yours. xxoJudy

Linda said...

I love hearing about your adventures! You and Dave are rocking retirement! And you both look so good! Love you, Pam!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog