I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world but it's been hot as hades around here in Texas. 100-106 actually temp and the index is higher. Well Thursday (27th) the morning started off really nice. We actually had a very very tiny rain and then David snapped these pictures. He did good
That evening we had a quick hard rain and then a light shower for maybe 40 or so minutes. Well Friday was a total shocker and crazy. I'm in my sewing room and I hear the wind getting heavy and loud. I was sure it was a trick until all hell broke loose.And that night I walked out to snap a couple pictures of the partial moon eclipse (8/27) Not very good but I am sharing anyway.
Then the next day we had a sudden storm kick up and tear a bunch of shingles rip off our roof. Awesome since they were predicting that the storm coming into the Gulf was going to give us lots of rain. You can click on the highlighted word storm to see the storm since the video link seems to only work sporadically.
If you click on the highlight word storm you'll see what blew in. I could hear the shingles flapping in the wind so I knew what I'd find when I was able to go outside. Not much on the front. The roof line got the biggest hit
As far a storm from the Gulf and rain in our area never happened but Thankfully we have a neighbor who's owns a roofing company (Done Right Roofing) that could get us taken care of if it had. Thank God for Bill. Thanks Bill. And that's how August ended.
September arrived and before we knew it, it's been 48 years of freakin marital bliss. David loves that saying. I just like that I've been annoying him that long and will continue to do so since we decided to take another trip around the sun together. oH HOW we've changed.
For our anniversary we drove to Bastrop to eat at the Pine Creek Chop House. Our steaks were delivered without steak knives again. And again you could cut them with a butter knife. They were that tender and sooo tasty.
It was a lovely evening and awesome food.
at the Kenney Store for dinner some great music by Max and Heather Stallings. David and I have followed them since at least 2013. Kathy and I had the Bowl. LOL it consisted of rice, black beans, corn, shredded cheese, beef fajita, pico, and avocado with Rita's green sauce. It was really good. David had chicken tenders and I've forgotten what Mark had but all of us had happy tummies. The opening act was Kevin Black from Katy and yes related to Clint Black. Great music by him and then there's Max and Heather. Now tonight he told a story I hadn't heard before about the one legged cricket. And yep he had a song. click on the highlight and you'll see/hear a short clip.It was a great evening.
On Saturday (9/5) David is off to the races at Little River Academy for the day. He entered two classes to race in, one was Street and the other Mod ET. He lost in Street class before he got into the rounds to make money but he got 2nd in the Mod ET. Yahoo! He came home with some money. The photographer Faith Santoyo caught David at the starting line. Nice photo
and I'll end this blog with a bit of exercise. Sheri's super stars doing our final exercise.... Stretch and strengthen those calve muscles. Oooww ouch.
On Saturday (9/5) David is off to the races at Little River Academy for the day. He entered two classes to race in, one was Street and the other Mod ET. He lost in Street class before he got into the rounds to make money but he got 2nd in the Mod ET. Yahoo! He came home with some money. The photographer Faith Santoyo caught David at the starting line. Nice photo
Way to go!
This book club meeting was a big adventure. Our neighbor let us borrow a van that could easily hold 10 and might be able to squeeze a couple more in to go to 36 North Winery to start our meeting. This is a great venue. The have wine, craft been and excellent desserts and some food to snack on. Kelli and I are the only two that have been to wineries and do tastings, the rest were wine virgins. LOL
There was 9 of us that made it out to discuss our book Hot Flash of Homicide by Dawn Dugle. We all really liked the book and want to read the next one in the series. The Main Character Wysdom turns 40, no one acknowledges her birthday, the doctor diagnosis her with perimenopause, her advancement in police force is being blocked and then she meets the God Among Men. Fun book and It was so much fun discussing at the winery. The owner Tracy and her husband took great care of us. I did warn her we were coming and she had us a table saved inside. The ladies who don't normally drink wine enjoyed the experience and found that they even might like wine more than they thought they did. After the discussion we headed to Joe's Italian Restaurant in Caldwell for dinner. Oh and Sheri was our designated driver. It was gonna be me or her. Anyway thanks Linda for asking Bill your sweet son in law if we could borrow the van and thanks to Sheri for driving.
Well maybe.
Until next post.. “A one-hour workout is 4% of your day. No
excuses.”











No comments:
Post a Comment