Saturday, August 29, 2026

Books, quilts, dogs and my hero

And I'm off and running. Well okay, I'm not running but I'm reading and sewing. Which since I listen to most of my books I can do both at the same time. LOL Currently I'm listening to a book by Jane E. James called The Landlady. Wow she's starts off sound a little eccentric but she's evil. Her tenant has no clue.

Thursday (8/13) it's time for book club. Several of our members were off running the roads or flying. LOL But five of us carried on without them. We missed their contribution of course. Our book we discussed was Tom Lake by Ann Patchett.  It started off slow but then the main character continues to share her story of acting and romance with Peter Duke in the 80'2 and who is known as a famous actor. Her 3 daughters have begged her to share the the story as they pick cherries at the family orchard. The book is based in 2020 and the girls are home from work and college. The book is about family, romance, poor choices and good choices.  We had lots of fun and lots to talk about.  The food was good but the bar drinks were terrible according to two who ordered drinks.  No bueno


The kids have been going to church and the boys went with them and they received their very own Bibles.  Proud dad in the background.






David hasn't been to the monthly Bell Gang luncheon all year but Wednesday the 12th he was able to go.  

And he had his Taco Bell cap on that Kaleb got him for Christmas. 

He's been keeping it clean so he can wear it to the Bell Gang luncheon.






Friday (14th) I went to get my hair done. It was definitely time for a cut and some low lights. Frank did a nice job. My hair pretty much all white and my face gets lost in pictures. One day I'll just have to go with it I guess but not yet.





Oh and meet Minnie like Minnie Mouse. LOL

Look at the markings on her side. Okay it's like looking at clouds but I see Mickey Mouse, well Minnie in this case. I think 



I hang with some talented ladies at the Sassy Stitchers Bee.  Check them out.
This is the front of Terri's quilt and she made the back pretty too. Wow!
Then this is one of Judy's quilts. Love the colors and pattern and Thelma made a pretty wedding ring quilt..  There were several others but I won't overload you today. Maybe another day.


I did take a class using a 3 - 1  yard cuts.  Now if I could sew it wrong I did.
Not big mistakes. It was sewing the same colors togethers. I took it from Christine at Railroad Cotton Exchange.  The shop is doing a different quilt each month along with other classes. This was the pattern. I should have been able to complete most of it but when you spend too much time using Jack the ripper it don't happen.  
 
This was my copilot. LOL. She was so adorable and silky. Well this is just awesome I've forgotten her name. Stella, Cora...... Grrrr. I remember Dudley and Woodrow. LOL
 









I got the sweetest text from the recipient of my last quilt. Momma Kindra says 
Anora loves her new quilt.  She's a cutie. She's my friend Sheryl's first grand-daughter. She has plenty of grandsons. LOL
This little one has a big brother and her other boy cousins are most likely going to dote on her. LOL She'll probably keep those boys in line eventually.  

Several days earlier I had David come look at my computer. It was on, the cursor moved but I couldn't click on anything or type anything.  I rebooted, I got new batteries for the keyboard and the mouse but nothing.  David had the magic touch.  He's not sure what he did but it worked.  Other than  hitting Cntl Alt Delete.  Something worked. LOL   Then I had my desk drawer that was sagging and I needed his help to figure how to remove the drawer and see what needed to be fixed.  Crazy thing is the release of the rails is on the bottom of the drawer. Once we got the drawer out it was obvious the  rail had pulled out of the drawer so my Man got down on the floor to work on the drawer and rail.  Weeellll Sadie wanted to help....

She didn't lick or paw for attention. Nope she just squeezed in between him and the drawer. LOL  My hero to the rescue with a little help this time.

                                                                      David brought in the mail and said you got a package and tossed it to me.                           When I opened it, I said this is for you. He says it has you name and I say the T-shirt says it's for you. LOL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Well that's it for now..n  The perfect day…Quilt, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

No comments: