Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A Quilt that wouldn't be nice.

Just FYI if when reading my blog for those who didn't realize this...If you see a location or place in bold, underlined and/or highlighted you can click on it and it will take you to the link for that place/location to read more about the place/location. Someone was asking why some words were special like that.  Now you know if you didn't already.

9/11 Our herd of 20 just grew to 21.  Momma actually allowed David to get close but not too close.


This little baby deserves the name of Freedom in honor of 9-11. Baby calves are so cute. Jerry came over to check out the new baby. Momma wasn't sure she was happy about that but all was good.Sometimes Jerry is ornery and likes to separate the Momma and Baby for grins but today he behaved.
On 9/15 The pups had a grooming appointment which usually means I have a day to waste in Bryan so I hang with Pamela all day. Today we decided to try a new place to eat lunch. The Franklin Deli in Franklin. Would you look at the size of that sandwich. I was only able to eat half. I boxed up the other half for lunch another day. It was really tasty though. The left over half was good too the next day.
So have you ever had a easy quilt turn into the quilt from hell? Okay so it wasn't maybe that bad but it was so frustrating. I'm making a quilt for me using fabric with bluebonnets/wildflowers. First I made a poor choice of placement. I placed a white background block inside a white square. 
What was I thinking!  I had to rip it out and replace with a different fabric and re-sew the column. Some how I had sewn the column wrong, like in a loop and had to start over. But at least now the new fabric stands out and it looks better.  Hard to explain what exactly I did it but made it difficult.  
In that same column I managed to flip the triangle blocks wrong. This pattern is called a square in a square. Well if you look at the area I circled you should be able to see the problem. The Bluebonnet square was supposed to be in a white square but I flipped the triangle block around so that it had two white sides and a green one that should have been white.. 
Ripped it out and did it again on the next to last row. Grrrr.  So I ripped out most of the row then the bad block. Then I flipped the block the right direction and sewed the row back. 
The best one was the last row.... I sewed the whole row upside down.  Some of the fabrics were directional. So again I had to rip out the whole row, flip it around and sew it up again. But I am finally done with all the blocks. 
I only had to duplicate 3-4  fabrics.  I tried to make every square a different fabric but I couldn't find any new bluebonnet fabric prints. I am finally done, YAY.  All that's left is to add a couple borders and it will be ready for the quilter.  Lilley obviously approved. 
Bri and Sophie came to stay with us while Pamela hung out in Houston. I cracked up laughing because everywhere David went they were right behind him like little ducks. They love their furless Gramps. LOL
Saturday 9/18 David and I went to the Gause Volunteer FD fish fry and it was good. Good thing we got there when we did because they ran out right a few minutes later.. Well they ran out of fish but they were still cooking fries. LOL.
Then we ran down the road to 4C Brew Barn for a drink and a visit. Besides Vernon and Melissa we always meet some really nice people that come in to eat or have a drink.   David got his usual, a Bock and I got their frozen drink that started off as orange-cicle flavor but as it ran out they added different flavors, like strawberry, pineapple and whatever else they could find. It was good so I wasn't complaining. That's Vernon in the background of the drink.
We came home after hanging out at 4C. When David went out to feed Lilley he stuck his head back in the door and hollered at me to come take a picture of this moth. It's camouflaged with hints of pink and gold. Pretty cool lookin.
When it got dark we went out and sat on the front porch with the big full moon. The evening was very pleasant to sit outside until the mosquitos showed up. Dang it.
Monday 9/20 David went out to open the gates and to his surprise there was a new calf. This makes 7 this year. Our herd is now at 22. That's way more cows than we need. Now this Momma #7 wasn't so pleased with David walking around taking pictures of her baby calf. 
She  had finally had enough and charged him. He got out of the way real fast. Maybe it's name should be Seven.   Seventh Calf of Momma tag#7.  LOL
On Tuesday 9/21 I had a doctors appointment down in the Woodlands so I called Joe and told him I would be down so why don't he take advantage and go run errands while I stayed with Mom. I got there at 10 and didn't have to leave until 1:30. I believe he appreciated the break by all means. He got Mom up and dressed and when she walked in the room I waved and said "Hi Momma". She goes what are you doing down here so early.  LOL. She was having a good moment. 
Next she asked me 3 times in a row where I lived but that's okay. We played on my phone using snapchat filters and sent a message to Pamela then David saying 'Hi'. She thought that was funny. Pamela sent us this picture back. LOL. She had to work or she would have been with me.  Mom thought this was hilarious.  Then I took a selfie of us. It came out good. She had a big ole grin. 
I'm gonna end on this happy note. Tomorrow will bring new adventures.
Until my next post...I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Adabella Radici

4 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla. That little baby is so cute and I'm glad Jerry was a good boy. Animals are such fun. The moth is a very unique bug. Your quilts are always so beautiful because you put a lot of love into them. So what if they are a few funny spots, we all have those! I'm so glad you mom and you had a good day. You look like you are having fun..Happy Autumn..xxoJudy

Annie said...

Yes, the quilt patterns that seem so simple are the ones to give us the most grief. It’s always well worth the ripping to get them right. Your square in a square quilt looks wonderful!

Linda said...

I’m so impressed with all your cows!!!
And, as always, with your beautiful quilts! Every one is a work of art!!

Linda said...

I’m on my phone so I hope my comment went through….