Monday, August 29, 2016

Out of my Box

Okay I'm way outta my box on this Round Robin thing. This picture pretty much shows my Oh crap What have I gotten myself into?! What's a Round Robin you ask? mmm how do I explain.... 
A Round Robin consists of 3-6 quilters that each create their own center block with the theme of their choice for a quilt no smaller than 14 x 14 but no bigger than say 18 x 18. I made those numbers square but it could be rectangular like mine is. It just has to be divisible by 2. Then each member goes buy enough fabric so the remaining members in your group can use that fabric to add a border that center block/medallion at a given time. On September 20th during my quilt retreat my group will meet up and share our completed medallion and pass it and our suit case of fabric on to the next team member to add a border. That will be the last time we'll see our individual medallions until the top is complete. We'll decided how long we need before next hand off and pass on the suitcase we have to the next member and so on.  We can give our members clues of what we'd like to see on our quilt but they will ultimately be in control of how and what goes into it. I have no clue and neither do 4 of the other 5 girls in the group as to what we're really doing but we're going to try.  You only one gal really know whats going on and we shall call her the "Round Robin Queen".
LOL We wanted to be her Misfits but she wouldn't let us pick that name darn it. She is in like 3 different Round Robins at a time. Holy cow. I'm doing good to be in this one. This is one of Margie's Round Robin quilts from another Round Robin. Each border around the victorian lady was made by a different member of that group.
It's really pretty and this is what worries us. This is outside our box. Yikes
I'm sure I'll end up with an adorable Christmas quilt.
Saturday me and 2 of the Reluctant Robins went to Quilter's Crossing in Tomball for their Open House and big sale. We each found some much needed fabric for our Round Robin projects. The place was packed. The girls and the young man at the store were working hard but they never lost their smiles even with all the people demanding their attention. With all the crowd it took us some time to find what we wanted, stand in the line to get our fabric cut and then stand in line to pay. Then Donna, Denise and I headed to lunch we were starved. We could hear the Whistle Stop Tea Room calling our name.
The food there is so so yummy good. It was a great day!
Since I had Donna in my car I made her be my helper and we went to take some pictures of the quilt I had just finished for a little guy named Hudson. I'll post the pictures after he receives it which should be this week. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It's not perfect but then neither am I. The quilting is awesome though because it was done by Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest.
I'm busy working on the Round Robin thing and the memory quilt for a former co-worker. She's been patiently waiting for much delayed birthday gift. Of course I did have to wait on her for a while to provide me with some pictures. Hope the quilt is worth her wait. 

Anyway after Donna left I hung out on the patio with my fur baby until David got home from the farm. She's such a sweet girl. There was a nice breeze out for the first time in a long time that I couldn't resist hanging out.


Last week I bought a new wine to try at the suggestion of my co-
worker Ashley called Comal Creek White Black Spanish Viii. So I popped it open while cooking. Those are what my Othermom always called ketchup taters. Except I add onion and bell peppers to mine and fry them up. I've got David calling them that now too. LOL. So bad for you but so good.
Anyway I was only able to drink 2 glasses. Wow 12.5% alcohol.  

Crazy..Got a big buzz on those 2 glasses but it was tasty.


Well that's it for now...Until next blog.....The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.





1 comment:

Linda said...

Hahaha! I love your crazy look! You will pull this ou of your hat just fine! You always do!
I need to fry up some potatoes! I make them the same way you do! Amber and the quads are coming this weekend......perfect food to serve with maybe a meat loaf!
Okay! I need to locate some bottles of that wine! Right now I'm in love with Sunshine Bay Sav Blanc from New Zealand!
I'm so glad you blog so I can keep up with you and yours! I miss that Tea Room! Only went that one time with you and Pam and your mom!