Monday, April 1, 2024

It's Quilt Retreat Time! @Hidden Treasures Retreat!

 So much fun and so much creativity in one room. And I actually started sewing that first day we arrived.. 

We retreated at the best place for the second time. Hidden Treasures is clean, bright, spacious and the owner Christi is really great. The accommodations are great and the food very yummy. The ladies and I really enjoyed our time there.

We've changed when I take the group picture to the day we arrive. Works out much better. 

Awesome bunch of ladies who make the retreats a success and lots of fun. It's a requirement to laugh and have fun.

Thanks to each one of them for passing out little gifts to everyone that they made or bought.

So let me share some of the creativity that went on at the retreat. Anna was helping Connie get the layout done.

Connie was pretty happy with her progress and actually finished sewing the top together.

Looks great!
Our new comer Debra worked on her appliqued blocks then started adding the sashing between the blocks.  She got a lot down.
Donna Marie started this paper pieced block at least one retreat ago and she finished it up at this one.

Vicki finished up one of her tops.                                         And our non-quilter Kathy finished up her beautiful crocheted blanket.     
Denise was hard at work on her quilt blocks and for the longest time she didn't even realize I was standing right next to her until I giggled which made her look and start laughing. She finished the cow collage art piece first. Lots of quilting on it.
 It was Vicki's birthday when we arrived Sunday so we had to celebrate
Did I mention this blog post might be a photo overload. LOL. It's hard to decide what to share.
Next up is Sandy's Christmas wall hanging.

Also there are the best sunsets at the retreat. We played our usual game of L(eft) R(ight) C(enter).  And who should win.... Connie. She has won before. mmmm
 

Judy showing off her Bear Paw block top layout.   Ellen was hard at work on her Texas rag quilt.  That she finished.
Love it. One of these days I'll use my Texas die to cut to and complete a rag quilt.  LOL. I had the die custom made by Accuquilt but I haven't made a quilt with it but Ellen has made several. . And check out the back for it.
Jane was busy on a pillowcase project.  I know she made more than just this one. Jane can whip them out quickly. Oh and Ellen also completed a scrappy block quilt.  She might have been the over achiever at this retreat. Yay Ellen.
I actually finished up my bag before coming to retreat and then I finished a bag for Denise to carry rulers, wool ironing mat, and a 24" cutting mat in. 5 bags completed now. I have a few more to make.  They measure around 29" x 28".  Each bag has been a tad different in size.
   
Christi (retreat owner) has this sign hanging in the workroom. I know it fits her too but one of the girls thought I needed a sign like this too. I love to read too. In fact on our last day of retreat I got home in time to unload and then hop back in my car and go to a book club meeting with the Gause Girl Guild. 

We discussed the book 12 Months to Live by James Patterson/Mike Lupica. It was a fun evening with the Gause Girl Guild. Everyone loved the book.  Lawyer Jane Smith is defending a man accused of killing 2 families and finds out before the trial starts that she has cancer. She asks the doctor how long she has to live and even tries to negotiate the 12 months to 14 months. Jane decides to postpone treatment because she wants to win this trial even though her client Rob is a sleaze bag. Would you pick your job over your health? Did Rob kill the families? Will Jane survive the trial? Gotta read to find out.

Better stop for now. More adventures to come.
Until then...1.    "Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought." ~ Sir Arthur Helps

1 comment:

Linda said...

It's always fun to see what y'all do at the quilting retreats!!!