Monday, September 4, 2023

We made it another year

 8/19 Friday night David went to Temple Raceway to check out the street car racing.  Well actually he did more than check it out.... He entered the race with his 4-runner.  He made it to the finals. His first time racing in years. He was doing good until that last round. He went 15.79 on 15.82.  He broke out and lost. Dang. He almost did won. Maybe next time he'll win the purse.

So I got the binding on and pictures taken of the quilt for our new great niece coming in October. Pictures coming up.  I have been to the shower and given the quilt to Penny Kay's Momma to be, Jessica.  Her theme is butterfly's. I found this fabric and it only had a few butterflies in the fabric but I had my friend Donna the quilter from Donna's Lavender Nest use Butterfly's as the quilting theme.

Can I just say that it was hard to find a worthy spot to take pictures. It's so hot and dry that everyone's plants are burning up.  I went to the Cameron Master Garden's Garden in Cameron and got a few shots.  There were a few butterfly's actually fluttering around but I never got a shot of one.

Can you see the butterfly in the quilting on the close up.  In person it looks awesome all over the quilt.

I think Jessica and Phillip liked it. That's big brother Patrick with the bunny. She also got a crocheted throw from someone. It was soft and very pretty.


Grandpa was gonna start out baby girl Penny Kay right. Her first Louie Vinton purse. I think that's what it was.  Daddy will need to fill it with money. LOL  It was a very nice shower.
Sadie girl was talking to me here. She needed to go outside and talk to the cows. The cows were up close to the fence and Sadie feels the need to be there. And Bruno was like do we have to go. He just wanted to curl up in the AC and sleep. But alas they both went out.



Saturday 9/2 was mine and David's 45th wedding anniversary. We survived another year of each other and decided to go for another year. We started off the day by going to antique stores. The first two were in Rogers. They had lots of cool things in them but we didn't spend any money this time. After that we headed to Lake Belton to have lunch at the Dead Fish Grill. It has become a favorite of ours.  Since it was a special occasion I decided I'd order a drink too. David got a margarita and I wanted a sangria margarita but they were out so I went for a drink I haven't drank since probably college... a Pina Colada. Not bad but I only got 3/4 of it down. Ran out of room. 
Our yummy food arrived. I got the grilled shrimp this time. Next time I'll try the blackened shrimp. I know I like the fried shrimp.  David had to help me eat the shrimp. He got the fried catfish dinner. So he was plenty full by the time we left.
   

Next we headed into Belton to hit a couple more antique stores. Look what I found..
An album from CFISD when TS Hancock was superintendent. It didn't say when it was recorded but TS Hancock in office from 1957-63. Couldn't pass it up for a quarter. CyFair HS, Arnold MS and Dean MS bands. Who knew there was an album.. Well I'm sure someone knew. LOL Retired from CyFair ISD in December 2018 after 20 years of service.
At the next store I found some king size sheets for $30! and a spool of red thread while David found some metal signs to hang in the garage or barn. He hasn't fully decided where he'll hang them. Oh and we might have stopped for some ice cream in Belton. I got keto sugar free ice cream. Not bad.
Then we headed into Salado to find at least 2 more antique stores. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without this time. They had this pretty passion vine at one of the areas we stopped at. 
   
 Time to relax with a glass of wine from Axis Winery at their new location. I finished my wine. I had Sweet Duo which was peach and strawberry and David had Sangria.
We were getting tired and the stores were closing so no more shopping and no more wine. LOL  We headed home. We were too full from lunch so we passed on dinner out. We can go some other night.
Instead we had a gourmet dinner of hot dogs. LOL We're so exciting.
Sunday 9/3 we had company. Kaleb brought the boys up to visit the farm and feed Jerry some carrots while Pamela was at work. 
That's Killian in the red shirt and Braxton with his back to the camera.  They have toys here and knew where to find them.

The boys were ready to go feed Jerry so we all went outside. After feeding and loving on Jerry they played fetch with the dogs. Braxton almost got a big sloppy kiss in the ear when reached for the rope to toss in the yard for the dogs.  But he got away just in time. Both dogs were hot and tired after all that playing.

 
Even the boys were hot and tired. They got in a short nap before heading home.
It was a good day.
And Labor Day was a day of rest. I didn't even go to the gym. I guess we did feed the cows and Jerry some cow crack and sweet feed. They were happy little critters. The pasture is burning up from the heat and no rain in sight. Such is life on the farm.

That's it for now.
Until next blog....Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.     ~  Nathaniel Hawthorne


No comments: