Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Yahoo! Friends and Fun

I'm so excited. My friend Donna Lynn aka The Lavender Lady also know as my primary quilter finally came to visit and even stayed the night on 9/6. For those of you who know her, check out that skinny face. This girl has worked hard to lose weight. So proud of her.  She got to pick out which guest room she wanted to sleep in and to my surprise she picked the Texas Room. I figured she'd sleep in the Vintage Room..  We're standing in my sewing room. You can't see my mess. Thank Goodness! LOL. I have several projects going on and they're all over the room. 
The next morning we went to our friend Donna Kim's quilting shed to help her get organized.  Donna Kim also had her friend Andrea and her cousin Judy there to help us. We got over 97% of her fabric folded and place on cards that stand upright on the shelves so she can more easily see what inventory she has. It was in bags, clear tubs and in a cabinet.  Donna Lynn worked hard on organizing the cabinet. And we got all the projects she had labeled in clear cases stacked out of the way until she's ready to work on them. 
I was sitting in one of Donna Kim's comfy chairs and Donna Lynn came to sit with me. LOL  We were done. We ran out of the cards to fold the fabric on so I said I'd come back the following week to finish folding the last bag of fabric on the cards.

We left Donna Kim in good shape but she did have to call each of us about something she couldn't find but after talking with us she found what she was looking for. 
On Saturday 9/9 I drove to Houston for the first time in a long time. I was going to have lunch with a couple of long time friends, Barbara and Kathy, only Barbara got sick and couldn't make it but Kathy made it. We had lunch at Los 3 Rancheros and sat there for hours just talking away. You'd think we'd not seen each other in years. 
When actually I was just with her this past April when she came to my quilt retreat that organize twice a year. That's when the  picture of us was taken. I used to work with Kathy many years ago too. This particular retreat was kinda crazy for me so I didn't get to visit with much at all so we made up for it at lunch.
Before we knew it it was nearly 5pm and I needed to get down the road to my next stop for more friend catch up and fun.
My next stop was at Nancy's house a friend and former co-worker at CyFair ISD. She planned a game night for a bunch of us. Unfortunately several of the girls couldn't make it but my friend Samara did.  We played a game called Left*Right*Center. Same game I play at quilt retreats and with one dollar bills. I donated my ones to the winners. We player 3 times and I lost all my money. LOL.  Next time.... Ladies... Next time.
Before I left they started playing Crazy Train Dominos. I had never played but I helped Samara and Nancy's mom play. I couldn't stay to watch them finish the game because I needed to head home. 

We definitely need to have another game night. Lots of fun.

On Wednesday 9/13 I did go back to Donna Kim's to help her finish up the fabric and we moved her sewing cabinet around to face the window. She can try that way and see if it works for her or not but at least she wasn't rolling over the electrical cords. Everything is now on the shelves and no unknown bags of fabric on the floor. She has a straight path to the little kitchenet to the back. She even started cutting out a super cute quilt and putting it on the design wall.
The Gause Girls Guild book club got together on Thursday 9/14 to discuss our latest book called The Girlfriend by KL Slater. We all liked the book but it took until about chapter 38 to really hook us and make us not want to put it down.  It's about family healing from the husbands cheating to only have it happen again. But this time there were consequences to everyone involved. The wife discovered that sometimes you have to dig for the truth for yourself and also not just blindly sign your name to paper.  I forgot to take a picture in August but I remembered this time. We had a lot of fun and had some good food. We came back to Texas Steak and Seafood in Caldwell. It has a wide variety of food to satisfy everyones pallet in the group.
I think I'll stop for now. I finish up the next few days in my next post.
Hope you enjoyed the read. You never know what I'll be into from day to day.
So until next post...







 

1 comment:

donna said...

Good times with good friends.
Love you
donna