Saturday, November 5, 2022

Let's get this show on the Road

 Thursday morning (10/27) we finally got on the road around 8:45. A tad later than I had planned. No names mentioned. Had no troubles on the road. Pamela drove the first half of the way.


Our first stop was 7 1/2 hours down the road in Pawhuska, OK.

We had to stop at the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's Mercantile for a little shopping and an early dinner. 

I ordered the chicken quesadilla's and Pamela got the chicken pot pie. They were tasty but the flavors were off for us but it's okay we'll come back again one day and try something else on the menu.  

We left here for the last leg of our trip.  I will say the maps took us on an interesting route.  It took us on Hwy 99 into Sedan and a closed road and no way around. Not Siri, Not google and not even Waze. I finally went into a convenience store and asked how do I get around the closed road. I was told to turn right out of the parking lot and go until the road ends and turn right and I'll catch 99 again. Oh and they did mention the road will become a dirt road before I hit the highway.  We made it. We made it to the hotel in St Joseph at 11:40pm and in the room by 12:05am. We fell into bed and slept soundly. Did I mention that the Hwy was 2 lanes and filled with deers. We only had to avoid 3 groups that wanted to play chicken. Pamela started going what is that? What is that? LOL It was a cow eating by the road. Hopefully she did't step out in front of a car and at one point I was breaking and Pamela was going, Where's the deer, where is it? LOL It wasn't a deer it was an Owl. A big one!. He flew straight at the windshield. I'm sure his tail feathers slid across the top of my windshield. Yep our last hour and a half was an adventure. But made it safely.

Friday (12/28) Since we had some time before the rehearsal and everyone else arrived I convinced Pamela to go to Missouri Star Quilt Co. in Hamilton, MO. It' s an hour away. We had to drop off a package to the post office and look what Pamela saw directly across the street from the post office in Hamilton. Of course she had to go.

And of course she ordered a flight for a tasting.  I took a sip of one of them. The Apple Pie Cobbler. So yummy. 
And I got my wish to go to some of the shops of Missouri Star Quilt Co. The stores line both sides of the streets. 
        
I was very good. I didn't buy everything in sight. I spent less than $60. And for those of you who know me, you know that is really good. I'd already spent money while at retreat at the beginning of the month for my current quilting projects. I was just there see all the pretty fabric and fun quilting tools.  And be able tosay I went to Missouri Star.  Pamela had me stop in front of the Sewing Machine Museum for a photo. 

This is on the wall to the retreat center. I tried to catch Jenny Doan in town so I could have her autograph my book she wrote about her life.   She had left town before we could get there. Dang it. I'm pretty sure she was on her way to Houston for the International Quilt show.   (Sure enough I saw Jenny post pictures of her at the quilt show the other night.)

That evening we went to watch the rehearsal and have dinner. My brother-in-law Kevin cooked up some tasty tri tip. My sister Jerri Lynn made cheesy potatoes and the grooms mother made some macaroni, corn and cheese, and green beans. Dessert was cheese cake made by my sister. 
This is the outside area where the actual ceremony will take place Saturday evening. It was a beautiful setting but it did get chilly out there and Saturday is supposed to be even cooler.
Timber Creek was a beautiful setting with the trees changing colors. Looking back at the venue where we'll be after the rehearsal and the ceremony. 

Saturday (10/29)
This handsome young man is my great nephew Beckett. He's my oldest nephew Jeremiah and Melissa's boy. They have a daughter Maren and one in the oven.
Of course you know me and Pamela.


This is my nephew Tyler with Pamela. Next is his son Tate another great nephew and my great niece Maren. This was the first time these two cousins had ever met and they were in-separate able. They were sooo cute. 
The wedding party made their entrance. Some more unique than others.  These are my great nephews and niece.  Good looking crew if you ask me.  Carson the oldest, Beckett to his right, the little blonde is Preston and Maren in the lead.        


And here comes a bridesmaid on a unicycle and my nephew Josiah on a tractor. Red tractors are the best says my family. LOL  

This is my nephew Jeremiah and his wife. They are expecting their 3rd bundle of joy. Jeremiah is the oldest brother to Josiah on the tractor above. LOL
And here comes the happy couple. Mr. and Mrs John Kelsall.
These are two had to take an Outlaw picture. They're missing my husband David. Kevin is the proud Papa and Cresia is my sister in law. These two along with David got into trouble together at the previous weddings.  They did David proud even if he was missing. LOL
Got a picture with my nephew Josiah. He's not a little boy anymore. He's an avid soccer player for his high school.   Tate and Maren danced all night. Like I said they were in-separate able. Then I was finally able to catch my little sister long enough to get a picture with her and Cresia.


This is Preston another great nephew. He belongs to my nephew Zachariah and niece Bailey Jo.  He recently had a baby brother named Parker.  Here's Daddy Zachariah (nephew) with his little sister, my niece Emily.  He actually officiated the wedding. He baptized her and now he married her off.
   
They lighted big long sparklers to make a path for the bride and groom to walk through.
Here's just a few more pictures before the evening was over.

Pretty little Maren
        
Photo booth time
Back row nephew Jeremiah, Pamela, sister Barbara, nephew Tyler   middle row Me and Cresia                     front row  great nephew Beckett, great niece Maren, and great nephew Tate

Party over and time to head back to Texas.

Sunday (10/30) We got up and headed back to Texas but we had to make a quick stop for lunch and pick up some wine in Kansas City @ Cooper's Hawk Winery. But not until we got coffee.

Pamela bought lunch. A fried Haddock sandwich. I ate the fish and left the break. LOL
She got her wine and we hit I35 to home. We made it as far as Denton before stopping. We got up Monday (10/31) and drove our last 3 hours home.  I was exhausted and she was ready to go home too.

It was good to be home with David and Bruno. 💓
That's it for the entire month of October.  I was home for a total of 13 out of 31 days.

Until next post...Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson not a life sentence...








No comments: