Friday, November 4, 2022

Life: Country, Bruno, Mom & Love

 October has been a whirlwind month. I've barely been home. I was gone a week for the quilt retreat and came home for 5 days and then gone again. 

Bruno has become quite the farm dog. He loves to go out into the pasture with Jerry and the cows but he knows to keep his distance from the cows and the horns. He went out with David to feed the critters some cow crack.  Cow Crack are cubes that the cows go crazy for. So does Jerry.

Bruno also enjoys golf cart and car rides. Every time he  hears David or I jingle keys he's ready to bust out the door.  He's a total mess. David has spoiled him.  LOL

He likes to run beside the cart too. It's a game. Or rest in the seat so he won't miss a ride. 

I got home from quilt retreat on Thursday the 13th and on the 15th we went to the Calvert Sip and Stroll with the other Kennedy's, John and Kelli. There was like 8-9 shops that had wine and/or other adult beverage tastings. We got to go into buildings that normally aren't open during this event. That was fun.

Our first stop was to check in at a venue that we didn't know existed. It had two areas inside for wine tastings and one outside on the patio. While I wasn't really drinking I got my tasting, took a sip and then poured the rest into David's glass. I basically paid for the commemorative glass. This building is used for weddings, receptions, or parties of all kinds. Pretty cool inside.




Kennedy's times 4
I'm always catching Kelli with food but this time it's with a coffee martini.
Our favorite stop was the shops after the coffee martini's. They had wine and then there was a drink with whiskey, cranberry simple syrup that the shop owner made plus something else that was really really good. I got my one sip and it went to my head quickly. I for sure only took my sip here. LOL
My knee actually did good walking the 8+ blocks we did but it did get tired in the end. I was glad to sit down.
We ended the evening at the Cast Iron Bistro for dinner. They weren't prepared for the crowd. They were running around like ants trying to keep up with folks and food. Food was great as always. Kelli and I love going here for lunch when we can.

Check out Ferdinand's new bling.  Crazy bull stepped into the water drain and it got stuck on his hoof. Didn't seem to bug him.   David finally got it off.
Sitting out on the porch one evening David goes... "What is that across the road in Dendy and Jamie's yard?"  I started to laugh and said it is a huge skeleton.  This skeleton is across our pasture, the road and their pasture.  I zoomed in the skeletont looks closer than it really is. LOL Love it!  Our neighbor Jamie has pumpkins and bones at their front gate.  They love Halloween. The next picture shows how far it is but he shows up in the dark.  
Earlier in the month Joe asked if I'd come stay with Mom while he went to Arkansas to his brother's memorial service. Told him yes but I had to be home Wednesday the 26th so I could make a doctor's appointment and pack for my trip to Missouri. We worked out the details and I told him I'd be there on Wednesday the 19th after my dentist appointment and he said he'd be home by the Tuesday the 25th. 
Mom's dementia is in full bloom. This time she had no clue who I was and even after reminding her she didn't remember.  It's hard seeing her like this. There was little sleep going on those 6 nights. She spent a lot of time walking the hallway and calling out for her mom or dad. I tried multiple techniques to keep her busy during the day but she couldn't follow directions very well but I tried.  On my first night there Joe told me that Q and Mom were not the best of friends but Q seemed to gravitate to Mom while I was there.  She seemed fine unless he got rowdy. 
  He was very loveable when he was asleep. LOL  He and I got to be buddies and he behaved.
Mom managed to lock herself in the bathroom around midnight my last night there. I couldn't get her to unlock the door and I couldn't do anything from my side so I called the sheriff's office for help explaining the situation. By the time I drove down to unlock the gate for the sheriff to get in and we got back into the house Mom had pulled the door open. When I checked the door the knob was still locked. I might have tried to beat the knob off so maybe it was loose enough she could finally just pull it open. No clue, just relieved she was out. I thanked the deputy for coming. 
Joe was a day late getting home so I had an hour to get to my appointment an 1 1/4 hour away. I might have sped a bit but I got to my appointment and got my oil changed, all before heading home.  
So I was only home for a short time. Basically home at 5pm and out the next morning. David and I passed in the night. Pamela and I are off to St. Joseph, Missouri for my niece's wedding. My one night home ended in a beautiful sunset.
My Tiny Dancer is all grown up and getting married. I used to write about my Tiny Dancer all the time as she danced her way through life and now she's starting a new chapter


To be continued...
Until next blog post.....Families are like quilts, stitched together one piece at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip with your daughter! Oh dear re all the wildlife on your road. Beautiful wedding and I love the unicycle and red tractor entrances! Enjoy your posts so much! Lisa Roper xoxo