Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Fun Over.. Wait we're retired so not really. LOL

 June 13.. Where is home? Well it's wherever we hang our hat and that's at the Rock'n K. Not sorry one bit that we moved to the country.

This day we woke up, packed and checked out. There's nothing to do in Sisterdale but that's okay. We went into Fredericksburg for some breakfast. All we wanted was some kolaches or donuts and we found them. From Fredericksburg we headed north on Hwy 16 to catch Hwy 29 into Georgetown. David wanted to see the square. So we drove around the square.  I hear it's great to see during the holidays with all the decorations so we'll come back. We really didn't want a big lunch and we didn't really want to drink any more wine at the time so we kept driving toward home.

We stopped at our home to unload and rest for a bit before we drove on into Bryan to Pamela's to pick up our furry floof, Lilley. It was weird being in the house and her not come greet us. 

What a mess?! We drove to Pamela's and went out for some Mexican Food. The first restaurant choice Casa Rodriguez was already closed. They closed at 3pm on Sunday. Who does that? Obviously they do. So next we headed to Cilantro's.. We walk in and it's really warm. The hostess tells us their AC is broke. Uh No. Someone is trying to tell us something. LOL Our 3rd choice was Mas Fajita's. A girls softball team walked in right before us. 40 of them. We were looking at a 20-30 minute wait. Not gonna happen. Our 4th choice was a success.... Lupe Tortilla's. No wait and the food was really good.

So the fun is over. Well not really because we don't have to go to work Monday morning. Thank God. 

June 14.. My dream Job.. the one I didn't have. LOL I think would have been a photographer. I love taking pictures but I definitely wasn't good enough to be a professional. Sometimes I get lucky with a shot. And lately I'm bad about even taking pictures.

Yahoo I finally got the correct fabric to make a quilt for my nephew and niece for the bun in the oven. Got to get busy. Shower is coming up quick. I mean ordered the right fabric on the 3rd but I got 4 yards of plain tan fabric instead of the 2 yards of a novelty print on the 5th. But re-ordering the fabric took 8 days instead of 3 like the first time I ordered.

June 15..Favorite things in my town... well considering it's  literally a wide spot in the road everything. We have a beautiful home, view, great neighbors and have met many new friends up here in the country.

June 16..Reasons to feel happy. Best one for me today is I'm getting this wire out of my leg and rid of the little battery pack. It's supposed to give me at least 2 years pain free. And so far it's done great but the knee still tends to give out and gets stiff but it's better than a level 8-10 pain. 

Another lie. The PA says it won't hurt. LIE! It was like being pinched hard continuously. David held my hand as the PA pulled out the wire. I was thinking the wire was only a few inches long but oh no it was over 12" long of a curly gossamer wire. I still limp and sometimes I don't trust my balance but the PT and going to the gym is helping but not fast enough.

The doctors office is just a few miles away from my Mom and Joe's so we went by to visit for a while. Mom was having a decent day.  Joe and David solved the world's problems. LOL

It was a good visit.

June 17.. Words I need to share.. mmmm Would everyone just get a long or agree to disagree. 

June 18.. Something to give up... some weight LOL  I have been eating less food. The A1C came down but the weight hasn't left yet. And all my other blood work numbers are now in the normal range. No lows or highs. YAY! I'm hoping by going to the gym now that will start helping more. I know I still need to eat better.

June 19.. An area to grow in.. be more active, stop procrastinating. Can I do this after all these years..???

June 20.. An exceptional skill I possess? Really? I don't know that I have one. LOL okay the questions are getting harder for me now.

Today was all about David. Pamela and I are treating him to a day of relaxation, beer, food, laughs and us. Each year we're gonna try to take him to new places but sometime we'll need to go back to Axis winery. David loves their wine slushy. 

So on this day we headed to Savage Brew Lab. Pretty neat place for a beer and hanging with friends and family. We had BBQ from Originz BBQ truck at Savage. Pretty tasty. 

They have vegetable growing in arches and raised containers. 

We sat outside under the trees. Is anyone else out there in blog land experiencing excessive flies? 

They are bad here in Brazos and Miliam Counties for sure. We had a fly catching contest in an empty cup.  David won, He caught 5 at once. LOL I know we're sad. 


After this we headed to Blackwater Draw Brewing Co. Another fun place to hang out. This place had bigger area for inside seating and it was getting warmer outside. We sat under the big ass fan. We each tried a couple different beers. Pamela was entertaining us and her Dad wasn't buying the story she was telling us by the look on his face here. LOLOur last and finally stop of the day the Dixie Chicken where they had more beer and I got ice tea. 
More stories and laughs till it was time to eat supper before heading back to our respectful homes. The fur babies will be getting hungry too. David did not get the Death Burger that he loves, this time he got a cheese burger with mustard. LOL Another successful Father's Day treat to the man in our lives that deserves special treatment at least a couple times a year and the rest of the time it's about us (Pamela & Me).  Just kidding.

June 21.. What motivates me? mmm Money, Love. Food, Fabric.
June 22.. What do I need?  Not a darn thing really. Well two good legs.
June 23.. A way I relax... Is sew. Unless the quilt pattern is frustrating or I keep messing it up. And I like to listen to Audible books or read a book.
June 24.. The Person I'm currently grateful for.. is my husband. I've said this before but he is a great nurse. He's had to take care of me after both heart procedures last year and now he has to put up with me limping around and making sure I'm okay. David keeps the Rock'n K going and me. I can frustrate the hell out of him but he's still my rock.
June 25.. The song I know all the lyrics to.. none. unless you count Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. LOL

This night was date night. Gary P Nunn was playing at the Sons of Hermann Hall in Deansville. It was about 23 miles away. Pretty cool old place. He was the first headliner that they've had in 50 something years. It was 1960 something with Loretta Lynn, George Jones and I forgot the 3rd person. Pretty cool bit of history we thought. 
The acoustics were good. We met some other people at the table across from us who were also from Gause.
The dance floor was never empty.

Oh here... David is so good ...
Inside this Sack of Shit is Special Shit... It's a good chicken seasoning. LOL. He's so good to me.

Well that's it for now. My next post might have lots of photos so I'll end with the Sack of Shit.

Until then... Much of what life hands us comes without prelude of fear and worry. Our fears don’t stop death, they stop life.    ~  Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler







2 comments:

kestrel said...

A good father's day adventure with loads of food. We also celebrated Father's Day in Malaysia 2 Sundays ago. But we were in lock down so I drove out and brought home his favourite food. Glad I found your blog, life is so different from mine in the city.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

On the road again...😁