Sunday, April 18, 2021

Eat, Sleep, Repeat

 I thought it was just me but David says his sleep pattern is messed up too. Anyone else? Is it because of daylight saving time? Well if it is I'm not impressed.

March went out with a pop. I had aquatic therapy on the 31st then drove  David to get his 2nd Covid shot. YAY. I have a few more days before I get my 2nd shot..

L-R: Brianna  Lilley  Sophie

 Good Friday we met up with the other Kennedy's in Gause. Recently I found out there's a 3 family of Kennedy's that live in the area. Anyway we went to the 4C Brew Barn to hang out. David, John and Kelli all tried and drank the craft beer that Vernon (owner) made. I drank a frozen wine sangria. My first frozen drink since the margarita in October that sent me to the hospital. I still blame the margarita. LOL. As we were driving over David says he didn't plan on spending the day there. To which I said we can leave whenever you're ready to. Well we got there at 2ish and we left around 6:50.  We got to having to much fun with the owners Vernon and Melissa and our friends that time just slipped away. The Brew Barn is also a member of Harvest Host. Harvest Host is a full time RV'er club. You may a membership then you can stay at one of their host for a nominal fee for electricity if you need it and support the Host like the 4C Brew Barn.  They have homemade goodies and food, fresh meat, eggs, milk, etc. That day Melissa cooked up Crawfish etouffee wish sides. Very yummy. Click on their name to go see what's on the menu this weekend. 
My favorite nurse was working back to back shifts on Easter and was getting tired. They had lots of Momma's and Babies to tend to.                   What a goober!
Aquatic PT went by the wayside after the pool heater broke and the water kept getting colder and colder so I took my chances and went to the gym side for PT. As of today I'm surviving.  A few of the exercises are uncomfortable but I push through. As of this past Monday the heater part still hadn't arrived. Glad I went dressed for the gym on (4/7)Wednesday.
Woke up Thursday ready for our Annual Mother-Daughter trip to the hill country. It was going to be interesting since my knee wasn't happy walking. Well I didn't walk, it was more like a hobble with the cane. Thank goodness for the Handicap parking tag or some of the hobbling would have been a hike. Plus now that I'm on a new medication prescribed because of my pacemaker the doctor told me on certain occasions I could have 2 glasses of adult beverages. I did good and behave and of course Nurse Pamela kept me in line. I had to be strategic and decide before each day where I would have my tasting or glass of adult beverage.
Our first stop was Drift wood Estates Winery in Driftwood. They have a really pretty view of the area below and around them. I had my first glass of wine. Since this is usually one of our stops each year I knew what wine I would drink. 


From here we went to Duchman Winery.  I chose to drink water this time. I knew I would want my 2nd glass of the day at Wimberly. I did take a sip of Pamela's choice here and it was very tasty. This winery was a challenge for me since they didn't have handicap parking and the ground was uneven. It had a restaurant next door but it wasn't open yet but we may check it out next year if possible.  
Of course trying to get a serious picture Pamela isn't always easy. She can be a brat.....
To end our day of wine we headed to Wimberly Winery. I got my 2nd glass of wine here. mmmm. One day they'll open they're brewery in the back of the property. The grounds here are really nice. 

The whole day was windy as heck but even with the temps being in the high 80's it was nice sitting outside.
Our final stop before heading to the hotel was at a restaurant we wanted to try called La Tequila Jalisco..  We've always stopped at Mammasito's but we were ready for something different. We weren't disappointed. Food was good.
Stay tuned for the rest of the trip in my next post. Lots of bluebonnets.

Until next blog post.. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” ~Hilaire Belloc



 

















































No comments: