Sunday, July 22, 2018

So Maybe Not so Good

So you know how after my fall at Pamela's a couple of weeks ago I said nothing hurt and nothing broken... Well maybe not so much. I woke up this past Wednesday and my knee popped then kinda buckled. Hmm not so good but the rest of the day went fine.  Woke up that Thursday and the knee was bothering me and kept trying to hyper-extend. Not fun but I made it though the day and headed to the farm on Friday the 13th to make choices for the house and go see progress of the build.

The Rock'n K progress is moving along. Now I know that while the outside is moving along nicely, the inside will move more slowly but it's exciting all the same. David and I have never built our own home from scratch like this and we're clueless. To be honest I think David has a pretty good idea and wants us to make the right choices I will say it's very overwhelming with all the choices...........WOW.
So last Friday the 13th we met our Builder Bubba and picked out our stone for the outside of the house.
Then we went to look at appliances and then at door and drawer hardware... So many choices and the guy at the hardware store gave us a catalog for homework. Aww I see a pattern here.  No wonder Bubba told us to ask for Andy. Remember me telling you Bubba giving us 4 thick catalogs to find lighting. Homework.




After a long day of making choices and looking for possible choices we have to make.  David got comfy on Pamela's couch but someone thought he should be playing with her. David never even knew Sophie was staring at him so intently.  Pamela and I cracked up.


The Rock'n K used to be a tree farm and we have these volunteer crepe myrtles growing everywhere. David has mowed them down but they are persistent.  There are several that are semi-circling the big oak tree. We're gonna try to just let them grow and see what happens. These are a deep pink. 
I walked down the hill a little further to take this picture of the back of the house. All the roof decking and paper is done. The hardiplank siding is up, Windows are in, exterior doors are in, and lighting for the exterior areas are wired up.


And Here's the front as of the July 15th.
Last Sunday (15th) we were trying to decide on exterior paint colors and hold a block of wood that I had painted our paint samples on up on the rock ledge trying to get an idea what they would look like. We were in the front and David says lets go to the back. So okay I look at the step up on the front porch and I place my right foot up and push up with my left and as I do I feel this sensation of tearing and pulling from the back of the knee down the calf. OMG that hurt so bad and then I could hardly walk. I managed to get back to my car and drive back to Pamela's to grab my things and pick up Lilley. And while there I grab Pamela's crutches. I was miserable.
Got to work Monday and worked half a day then went to the doctor. The doctors says I've tore my hamstring. We're guessing that my fall inflamed everything and that step up was the last straw for my left leg. Came home with 4 medications to contain the pain and inflammation. Then Tuesday evening while cooking I'm standing at the fridge and twisted just right that the left leg hamstring popped, buckled and sent a searing pain all through my body. HOLY SH&#. That made me see spots and want to pass out. So not once but twice I managed to pull my hamstring. I missed the next 2 days of work icing my leg and in bed, on the couch or the recliner trying to be comfortable.
I got up one time and when I turned around Lilley had taken over the pillow that I was using to prop my leg up with. She got quite comfortable.
When I came back to sit down she was sweet enough to move.  She knew her Momma needed that pillow. She was a good babysitter for the two days I stayed home.



I did get out of the house Saturday the 20th to go to the doctor again and physical therapy. They weren't too mean to me but I'm using a crutch for stability since my knee keeps feeling like it wants to hyper-extend and depending how I turn or step I have some pain still but nothing like it was Thank God.
So David grounded me from the uneven ground at the farm this weekend but he sent me pictures of the house progress.
The first pictures he sent was of the stairway in the garage to the attic for the house and garage.. Instead of an attic pull down type door being in the house we got a real stairway out in the garage.  Under the stairs they built a storage area for our party tables and chairs.


Too cool.


Next I got a pictures of the back and front porch with the finished ceiling and eaves. Nice!












The framers put the cedar wraps around the posts on the porches and Bubba's signature chicken foot at the top of the front porch. There's a brace board in front of the center of the chicken foot but I think you can get the idea.  Rock will be at the base of the columns and everywhere on the house where you still see the while paper. And David told me all the braces in the house are down and the floors were cleaned up.   Can't wait to see it all in person.
David's finally picture to me was of the back porch. LOL He did a little staging.  He grabbed the rockers we bought to sit in when we first bought the farm. Too cute. Wish I could have sat in them and enjoyed the views of our property and the pond. Hence how we got the name of Rock'n K.
I carefully got out of the house Saturday and went up to visit my Mom and Joe  No shopping or lunch for us today since I was on the injured list. LOL. We stayed at the house and just talked the hours away. 
It was a good day.

That's it for now. So until next blog...Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet.” ~ Sarah Louise Delany








2 comments:

Lora said...

Sorry about your knee. Really been enjoying the house adventure.

Richard miles said...

Get better soon.