Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Slacker

It's been longer than I thought since my last post. Dang time flies when you're having fun. Yeah right.
Actually the good does out weight the bad but when the bad is happening it feels like the world is caving in on me and I'm lost. But the good prevails. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I added 2 more items to my To Do List... 

I saw this on a blog I follow called  Eat, Sleep, Quilt. I thought it fit me to a T and would put on my UFO list for sure.

Then while catching up on all my reading I saw where my friend and fellow blogger Linda @ Linda's Life Journal was enjoying her deck that her husband and Step-son built at the ranch where they park their camper. Maybe  we can put a deck on our newest purchase. 

We have official solved the shelter issue on the Rockin K Farm if we want to stay over night. Pretty cute. Okay so it might be a mansion but it's ours. They're suppose to deliver and set it up sometime this week. David has been drawing a layout for our little mansion that will be our Home away from Home. I like what he's shown me. 
Cross off another mission. Land  aShelter a

How about a tour of the Rockin K Farm as it is right now. 
I hope my video works anyway. I think I got it working thanks to Cassie at work. You may have to turn the volume up fairly high to hear me talking. Things are pretty brown right now with the lack of rain. Our pond is shrinking and the cattails are taking over.

David has missions for more farm equipment and we need to decide on what kind of home we want to build for our forever home and a floor plan.
  Road side grass fire less than a mile from our farm. There were several areas on Hwy 79 that were burnt.  Not much further down the fire melted a neighbors white 3 rail fence and burnt up several of his young trees he had planted near by.  We need some rain really bad!!

Before heading home from our brief trip to the Rockin K Farm Saturday we stopped off at Hobbs BBQ in Gause. We are talking tasty! Generally He's only open Thursday thru Sunday.  If his truck is parked out front and the BBQ sign is out he's open. He stay open till he runs out of food. We were there at 12:20 and he was about out of food today.  He actually had to turn away some customers while he made our sandwiches. Last week he didn't sell out. One just never knows. I'm glad we got our sandwiches.  
Look at all the meat on the plate that just fell out. Mr. Hobbs doesn't scrimp on the meat. He packs it on the bun.




And David bought a couple of ribs to naw on. I ate some of one but David had to finish it. I was toooo full. The meat is moist and seasoned just right. YUM YUM.

After a bite of lunch we had to get home so we could clean up and head to a family wedding. 

And what a wedding it was. 
The setting was at a 
private residence which the location was beautiful and so was the bride and groom. We were asked to not disclose the location or tag the location because the property belongs to the Lone Survivor Marcus Lutrell. How gracious was that. The groom Josh knows him.  Josh is the son of David's cousin Scott.
The wedding was held outside and the reception was inside the party barn. The couple couldn't have been more blessed with better weather. 
The bride, Stephanie had a vintage look.  There may be a more appropriate name but that's what I'm calling it. Her hair was done up in a 1940's style like the Andrew's Sisters and her veil was quaint and becoming. It fit her features. Her dress was perfect with it's flowery lace over what looked to be champagne satin. It was very flattering and beautiful.
And of course the groom was quite handsome in his tux. 
The young lady in this picture is our Pamela's name sake. She's David's cousin and the gentleman with her is David's Uncle. 
Weddings and Funerals seem to be the only time we see everyone.
But that will change this November. Pam and another cousin are putting together a family reunion.


David and I cleaned up well for the big event.

Well hopefully I'll be able to show some progress on my to list next time I post it. I'm finishing up 2 quilts and for sure one top if not two. Yay for me.

Until next blog post.....Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or conceited or proud.  Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable.  Love does not keep a record of wrongs.  Love is not happy with evil, but rejoices in the truth.  Love never fails.” ~1 Corinthians 13




4 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla, how exciting to have a home away from home. It is really cute and will make the perfect little cottage for you. I couldn't get your video to work, disappointing because I wanted to see your property. Beautiful bride and groom. Weddings are always so much fun. Thanks for your visit to me. You were right about musical chairs. I should have named the post that..Happy Tuesday..Judy

KaHolly said...

Your making progress!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Me again, Carla. I got it this time. Wow, what a great spot to come to and unwind. It looks beautiful and soooooo peaceful. When you get your mini-mansion set up it will be such a wonderful retreat. Do you plan to build and move there permanently sometime in the future? I think (no, I know) I'm am just a wee bit envious..Happy Thursday..Judy

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such a cute second home....I'll be waiting for photos. What a great photo of you.