Sunday, July 29, 2018

July is coming to a fast end.....

I say it's coming to a fast end and at the same time it took forever. During the summer the district goes on a 4 - 10's with Friday off. For those of us used to working 8 hours a day and maybe a long day thrown in the there every now and then 10 hour day seem really long. We all love our Fridays off but sometimes it seems like we're too tire to enjoy. Not really, do if you know what I mean. This Friday was our last Friday off until next summer.
Monday the 30th will mark 3 weeks of behaving and following the Keto diet.  Three of the recipes we've tried turned out really good, I got pictures of two. First was Zucchinis Taco Boats. These things were really good. Since it was a new recipe it took a while to prep. Making sure I got all the ingredients in.
One of the recipes I tried was called Cloud Bread. First attempt was a fail.... didn't get my egg whites stiff enough and when I added the yokes back in it became liquid.  Second attempt went better only then I forgot the baking power.. So they didn't puff up so much but they weren't bad to eat. They kinda felt like clouds.  I haven't gone for the 3rd try yet. Maybe I'll try again. Maybe.
Another winner recipe was the Pizza casserole.  No crust.
This one was a big hit.

I also made a crockpot pepper jack cheese chicken. No picture this time but it's really good and provides left overs for lunch.





For my last Friday off I went to my Internal Medicine Doctor to get my lab work results which all came back okay. I even surprised him with a normal blood pressure. 116/70.. Shocked me too. Normally it runs at least 150/70 something. And Thanks to PT I am walking on my own 2 legs without crutches. The pulled hamstring stuff sucks. I still have a limp but at least I could ditch the crutches. It is making both knees sore.  Then some of that could be because of my high Uric number which can lead to gout but I don't think so..... Hopefully this Keto diet will help this number and lower my A1C. We'll see.
 After a good report I headed to the farm to check out the concrete floor stains and see the progress of the house.
Wow! We chose a rustic red for our exterior color and then we were kinda worried about our paint choice. And wow it turned out great. Well at least I think so.  Can't wait to see the stone and shingles on.  I guess it's been so hot that they've been having trouble doing the shingling. They plan on being out Monday to start.
On the inside we found the plumbing being roughed in and the AC ducts being prepped plus I think the furnace was waiting to be placed.







The front porch ceiling was stained to match the front columns. Pretty cool. And I think we've found the perfect light to hang there.Looks so cool.










This is the back porch with a wall for an outdoor kitchen should we get one put in. Which I'm pretty sure we will.
 After sweating in the hot sun. David joined me on the back porch in the rockers he pulled out the barn. He bought them shortly after we bought the farm.
We headed back to Pamela's later Saturday evening and Sophie wanted her furless Grampy to play. She piled up toys upon the couch next to his leg and Lilley just watched.  LOL
Next day Pamela and I ran up to Groesbeck to see our friends Ross and Sheryl. We stayed a little longer than planned but hey we didn't want to leave the good company. Always enjoy seeing them. They're place is about an hour from the farm. 
When Pamela and I got back to Cypress she headed off to go hang out with Sheryl's son 
and daughter-in-law and I went to a late dinner with my friend Barbara.  It's always good with friends here and there.  This was her 3rd time to take a selfie.  She did pretty good. Not bad at all. She at least had makeup on. Not me. If I had known she would be practicing selfies I might have at least put on some mascara. Okay so maybe not.

That's it for now.  Until next post.....Memories are sewn together by friends

1 comment:

Saimi said...

Wow, oh wow I love your farm house and the color looks amazing! Having rockers on the porch is really gonna come in handy especially with a tall glass of ice cold lemonade! I've heard great things about the Keto diet,. I can't wait to find out how it works for you . So do you quilt? I'm a quilter :)