Friday, January 3, 2014

Good Bye 2013 and Welcome 2014

Vinny was quite active but yet he was rather lazy and didn't move every day. He communed with the Angel and then headed to the church. After sniffing the corks he thought he'd check out the wine cabinet. He tried snuggling with Dexter but he wanted nothing to do with Vinny hung out with Sophia's stuffed dog she forgot to take home then after watching the Aggies come out fighting the 2nd half of the game New Years Eve and winning he went to hang out with the Aggie Snow People on our door wreath. Vinny did have some adventures but he's disappear that ornery Elf. Now where can he be? I mean I've picked up all the decorations and taken down the tree and David just carried out to the curb... 
Now where can he........ahhh I spy an Elf. Vinny misses Pamela I guess he jumped up to the Entertainment shelf and is sitting next to Pamela's picture. Sorry Vinny you must go into hibernation until next Christmas. It's time to take a nap.
I found this cool new picture editor via another blog and now I can't find the blog that lead me down the path to Fotor.com to give her thanks on my blog. I have David surrounded. LOL. That's the way he feels sometimes he says.
For New Years Eve we had a small get together of the Fab Four. My Phi Mu Sorority sisters and their spouses. 
We were always together it seemed when in college. But now we tend to get busy with family and work. We get together when we can. The First Row is 2013 Gigi, Kathy, Sheryl and Me then David, Ross, Tim and Mark
The 2nd Row is 2012 with Gigi missing then its 2011.
The 3rd Row is 2011 spouses Tim Mark David and Ross. And 1978 with us girls Kathy Sheryl Gigi and Me. Oh how we change.
I can't do a book recap since I hardly read this year. Yeah I'm still in a book club but I just haven't been able to read. Not sure exactly what my problem was but I hope it improves and I can get back to reading. I have a closet full of books to read plus book club books. I think I read 3 books in 2013. Very Sad.
  1. Street Heat by Will Graham  YYY
  2. Spider's Dance by Will Graham YYYY
  3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys YYYY
Some highlights of 2013...


  • We traveled to the Hill Country several times and of course had fun each time
  • Pamela went back to school to get her BSN
  • Organized my first Quilt Retreat
  • Celebrated 35 years. Renewed our marital contract again. LOL
  • Went to Missouri to see oury nephew Jeremiah in Missouri get married to his lovely bride Melissa.
  • Went to Graceland. No Elvis sitings
  • lived in our house almost 2 1/2 years and we've had 3 parties in 6 months. 2 of them were in December.
  • A litter of wild bunnies were born in our back yard and one continues to live in our back flower bed. I've named him Bugsy.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm ready to see what 2014 has up it's sleeve for me and what adventures it has in store.

Hope every one had a Safe and Happy new year.

Until next blog....
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,
compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of
the weak & the strong. Because someday in
life you will have been all of these.       ~George Washington Carver~
Carla


2 comments:

Linda said...

What a perfectly WONDERFUL life! You guys have more fun than a couple of young married people ! Glad i get to. 'Follow ' you !

Handywoman said...

You are so cool...I want to be you when I grow up!