Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Somewhere over the Rainbows...are some spoiled pups etc

 We've finally been getting some rain and on Friday(2/2) I think everyone was out snapping shots of the rainbow. Rainbows are supposed to be a sign of hope, love and friendship. And of course at the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It was a beautiful sight to see.

Wouldn't it be grand to find a pot of gold!
I finally made another birthday card. Missed 3-4 birthdays but I'm trying to make them. This one was for Kelli.

I put little rhinestones for each of the candle flames and a couple at the cake stand base.

I added an Angel wing for her and John's pup Quinn. She crossed over the Rainbow bridge on her birthday.

On a happier note.. all the kids came up to celebrate with her.

Now can you say Sadie, Bruno and Bri without saying spoiled. NOPE. Our two think they're lap dogs and jockey for the David's lap. And then when we went to Pamela and Kaleb's Bri was stretching out for some loves from her furless grampy. LOL
On Monday (2/5) I went the Sassy Stitchers quilt bee where Connie showed her blocks that she started on 20 years ago when another member of ours Carolyn was teaching her how to make the blocks. She did a great job! I think everyone's favorite was the house with the lace curtain.  
Then Donna Kim showed off her finished quilt top. Love it and the colors. She did an excellent job.
Bri got a new hair cut. Her skin was irritated and they're hoping this will help. She's feeling kinda shy with no fur.  But she's getting used to it. The groomer did a nice job. She didn't scalp her.

Thursday (2/8) we met up in Navasota for lunch with Gary and Lynn at the Whitehall Ice House and Cafe.   Great burgers and a special sauce and for later I got a Oreo Cookie Cheese cake pie and David got a Chocolate chip cookie. They were really good. This place is on the corner of 362 & 306.  There's another Whitehall Cafe on Hwy 362 and 2988. A little confusing. That's where Gary and Lynn ended up but they found us quickly a mile down the road.
That evening the Gause Girl Guild aka G3 had our book discussion at the Pony Express. We discussed a great book called Beyond That, The Sea by Laura Spence Ash. The book followed an 11 year old girl whose parents sent her to American to live with an unknown family. It was 1941 and bombs were falling in Europe and her parents felt that was the only way she would survive.
For super bowl All Around the Block Quilt shop in Giddings had a sale for a couple days so on Friday (2/9) I headed down the road to check it out. I was looking for a bluebonnet fabric with a yellow background and wouldn't you know it they had lots of bluebonnet fabric but the one I wanted was gone. But I did find a substitute. Hope to use it on my Texas Flag quilt that I will be working on at quilt retreat in March.  I left there with a couple pieces of fabric and decided to go down the road to another shop in between Giddings and Dime Box called Meme's. I managed to snap up some Aggie fabric that I did't have.
On my way I saw this majestic guy in Milano. He was standing on a mound and looked like the Hartford Insurance Elk.  He and his lady friends moved but I snapped a picture I could get.  He's a big guy
On Saturday (2/10) Pamela sent me a picture of her new man. LOL Well not really new.
Kaleb was tired of his long hair and took it off. He looks thinner with his new doo. The boy cleans up Good. Poor guy he didn't realize when he met Pamela he'd end up on her Mom's blog ever so often.
Sunday, Pamela and I met Kaleb's Mom, Sister and her Fiancee' at the Brick and Mortar Open House. Pamela already has her wedding dress but Tori and I still need Mom dresses and by attending we got a 20% coupon to use if order from them. And the girls were hoping to win bridesmaid dresses for up to 6. But doesn't look like they won anything darn it.  I saw a couple of other dresses I'd like to try on but I think I know which one I'm leaning towards.
These are the colors I'm looking at but not the dress.  Pamela wants me to sparkle. LOL
I'm working on it. So many choices and styles. Uggh but I go back to Brick & Mortar this Thursday to try on a couple more that the models were modeling and then I'll decide. The top runner is all sequins so I'll sparkle. 
  

I'll stop for now. We'll see what happens.
Until next blog...My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. ~Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Suemn said...

I know you pretty much know the dress you want but I have to say, No. 1 dress looks lovely on you:)

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog