Wednesday, January 4, 2023

2023 has arrived! Ready or Not.

 The end of the year got here before I knew it, but I can say that I got my Christmas shopping done before the 20th and my cards/letters in the mail before the 15th. That's saying a lot. Haven't done that in forever. LOL.

Christmas was a little different this year now that Pamela has a man in her life and he's a keeper. She had to split her time with his family and us. 

On Friday 12/23 they came to have dinner with us and open presents. We had planned on going to them the night before but with temperatures dropping into the teens we decided this time it would be easier for them to come to us because of the dogs. It all worked out.

We bought them a couple of gifts for them both. They're opening a new sink. The one that came with the house is like a funnel.

There is no flat spot in it. Everything slides to the middle.  Now the fun begins... someone needs to install the new one. :o)

David had put on his wish list that he needed a calendar for the garage. Pamela was gonna get him a wildflower calendar but Kaleb picked out a car calendar. He and Kaleb love cars.

 He got some other good stuff but I can't share everything or you'd roll your eyes. The Oreo mini's came out of Kaleb's stocking.  I got a new wine sippy cup.  Perfect!  LOL   It was a great evening. 

They got the twins Christmas Day and celebrated at the Green's (Kaleb's parents). Pamela and Kaleb decided to join the trend and got matching jammies. They're so cute.  I guess the addition of a draw string to all the pants worked. The first time Kaleb tried them on he had to pull them up and hold on to them. The elastic was worthless.

It was quiet at our house for Christmas day except for all the dogs. We're watching Sophie and Bri while Pamela is at the Green's.  Sophie was missing her furless mom so I picked her up to love her. She's the little princess and she was tired of Bruno and Sadie pawing at her. LOL  She's so cute.

So I ended my year 60 pounds lighter. At first I have only noticed it in the clothes I wear but not in pictures, but these pictures show I'm winning but I have a long way to go before I'm done.

The first picture was taken on 12/21/18 during my last days at Cyfair. The other picture was taken 12/21/22. I can see the difference.  This is a gift to myself. A gift of health.  Oh and the hair is a lot whiter.  LOL

And on that note I'll end with these two mutts. They just want some love. We wish you the best in 2023.
Until next post..
  • “As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.” ~ Donald E. Westlake
     






6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are looking great Carla! So glad that you are doing so well. Miss you lots

Betty said...

Oh Carla! You look "MAVALOUS" - whatever- you are looking great!

Glad to see y'all doing great and enjoying retirement.

We are 'almost' celebrating two years in Sunny Florida and our retirement.

Hugs,
Betty

Anonymous said...

Love all of your photos!

Anonymous said...

Good job Carla!

donna said...

Y’all had lots of Christmas fun. Your are looking great. Sew glad you are taking care of you.
Loves you,
donna

Linda said...

What a great way to end your year!! Loved every word and photo!