Thursday, December 8, 2022

Thanksgiving Catch up

 How's your week going? Mine is about cleaning and starting to get things decorated. Our family gathering is coming up in about 10 days so I'd like to have everything ready and just do my cooking and a tidy up before that day.

But right now I'll play catch up on my blogging journal here. The day before Thanksgiving I picked up Pamela's pups and brought them home with me to stay the night. Pamela left to go to Kaleb's family home to have Thanksgiving Eve with them and of course someone needed to care for the pups.

That was the first time they had met Sadie. Oh boy!  And when David talks they all talked.

      
Pamela and Kaleb came up the next day to have Thanksgiving dinner with us.  I think they got their tummies full. It was a pretty day.


Pamela was doing the secret Santa thing at work and one day was a homemade craft. She was like I don't do homemade, so I volunteered my services and made a Mug Rug which something you put under your drink like a coaster and maybe a snack and T towel for her to give.
The mug rug isn't finished in this picture and I should have used a different font but it's was doable. And embroidering a T towel was a challenge for me. Had a hard time finding the right tension but I finally succeeded.

Hope her secret Santa liked them. I haven't heard yet

On Thursday (12/1) David and I decided to get out and about. It's been a few days since we ran the roads to see what we could get into. We headed to Elgin, TX via backroads. We were ready for some lunch and headed to Southside BBQ.  David ordered the 3 meat plate and I picked off the bit of meat that I could eat. And a bite of beans and potato salad and David ate the rest. Sharing a plate works well. Well as long as we both want to eat the same thing.  LOL  The brisket, sausage and chicken were really good. I'd go back.  
Then I got this weird thought that I wanted some ice cream. I picked one scoop of butter pecan. I know with one scoop I could eat a few bites and pass the rest to David. Small problem or actually a.. big one......David ordered 1 scoop for each of us.  uhhh this is not 1 scoop at least not by most standards. LOL   Check out the problem in the picture....
So I did eat a few bites but that's more sugar than I've had in 7 months. It messed with my head and my stomach grumbled a bit.  Oops.  So then David had to eat all of his own single scoop and the rest of mine. It was a struggle. Even his stomach grumbled after all that ice cream.
From here we hit a couple of antique/thrift stores there in Elgin. Didn't find much but I did find a box of Christmas cards for a $1.  They looked brand new. After being a big spender we went in search of a winery David found on line and wanted to go check out. Twenty minutes down the road we found the Rising Sun Vineyard. it was a pretty place and the owners were really nice. 
Shayna gave us the scoop on the wine and winery. Her husband Steve did most of the cooking when there was food involved. They even had weddings there and a reception/event tent. It was time to head home to feed the pups. 
Tuesday (12/5) I started changing up and doing some cleaning to get ready for our family dinner coming up on the 17th. All I'll have to do the day before is hopefully tidy up. But I got the Vintage Santa quilt on the bed in the vintage guest room and put the unfinished Cowboy Snowman unfinished top on the Texas Guest room bed. Working on the den now (12/7) to get the tree up. 
  
Our bedroom will be last. Back to work.

Well that's it for now.
Until next blog....
Stop giving other people the power to control your happiness, your mind, and your life. If you don’t take control of yourself and your own life, someone else is bound to try.  Roy T Bennett









1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your energy is inspiring. Almost makes me want to go outside...grin...almost.