Monday, September 19, 2022

Doctors, Rain, Marital Bliss, Lunch and Sorority Fun Oh My!

On Tuesday (8/30) My turn to go to the bariatric doctor/nutritionist.  They were pleased with my progress and set new goals for me and had to answer all my questions. You know we grow up being told to watch our calories and if you've ever done Keto you have to watch your carbs. The rules are tad different since surgery.  I still have to be mindful of my portions but I'm not freaking out if I get 60 carbs in a day or less than a 1000 calories. I do have to get 60+grams of proteins in. 

I was worried because as I entered my meals for the day I was surprised how many carbs I had but my my calories weren't totally up to a 1000-1200 and that's what they want. I was worried my body might think I'm in starvation mode since my average calorie intake is running around 775-900.  But the nutritionist said I'm good for now but to work towards a 1000/day. My carb intake should run between 50-100 for the day (sounds like alot) . Carbs not so hard but the calories are hard to get. I just can't eat that much food or my stomach yells at me in the form of a big air bubble up into my chest and then painful hiccups.  My protein intake is now running between 70-90 and that will help me lose weight, help keep the loose skin to a minimum hopefully and limit the hair loss and help it grow back.  I thought I had made it past the hair loss stage but nope.  At 3.5 months my hair began falling out by the brush full so I need to work on the protein so it will grow back in. It's a little scary to see that much hair falling out. 

I go see my primary doctor this week and I already saw my blood work lab results and all my numbers are in the normal range.  First time in over 5+ years. Yahoo. 

 On the way home David and I drove through Anderson and found a couple antique shops to browse through then headed home.  I got a text and a call from Pamela's alarm company saying there were windows open at her house. Told them to send the cops and then I called Pamela who was in Missouri with Kaleb.  We were 30 minutes away but we stopped to check out the house. It had been pouring rain. We're thinking that lightning struck about a mile away and that's what set things off because no windows were open and things were locked up. 

The rain must have been coming down hard and fast. Not the best video but this is the little creek she has to cross every day that has been know to flood.

Okay more about Bruno. LOL He keeps us entertained. Bruno loves to explore and take walks to the mailbox with His Dad.  He seems to think the best place to nap is in David's lap. 
















Friday (9/2) was our 44th wedding anniversary. We made it another year.  We went to dinner at Central Avenue Bistro in Cameron. Food is good and the price is right. David got the Surf n Turf and I got just the Surf. LOL No dessert this year. While waiting on our food one of our neighbor's came in with their family and then here comes our next door neighbor with his daughter and friends.  We all decided to go out to eat.  

Thursday (9/8) I went to lunch with Kelli. We went to the Cast Iron Bistro in Calvert. We both love that place. They've started serving evening meals so we need to bring the guys one night. I got the Texan Salad with chicken tenders. Big salad.  Too big actually. I ate my protein, the chicken but left a little more than half the salad. Now Kelli got the bistro bacon cheese burger on a ciabatta bun.  This thing was big, thick and juicy. Kelli loves me. I always catch her in mid bite.
From here she and I went to En Gedi winery a block down the street after I stopped at The Farmers to Market to buy some coffee. Their Calvert Crack coffee is awesome. I make a cold brew with mine but I'm sure it's good hot too. 
Unfortunately I still can't drink but I told Kelli I would be the DD and she could drink away.  The owners Karen and Pat at En Gedi are really nice folks. Karen was on her own for the afternoon. It was fun just hanging out and talking with her. She was telling me and Kelli all the events coming up in Calvert. We stayed until around 5:15 and took off for our next stop.  
We were going to a book club meeting at the Wildflyer Mead Company  in Navasota.  Yep our afternoon took us all over the place but we had fun. The book we were to discuss was The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave. It was a good read. The main character Hannah, came home to find her husband missing and a note saying "Take care of her" meaning his daughter, her step-daughter.  She and the step-daughter started doing their own investigation/search for answers. Didn't expect the answers they uncovered or the end. 

Since the rain we got a week or so ago our Belinda's dream rose bushes and the lantana have been blooming like crazy.



Saturday (9/10)  

Every year my sorority holds it's annual Salsa charity luncheon, benefitting Texas Children's Hospital. Pamela and I always try to go and this year she convinced her boyfriend Kaleb he needed to go with us. 


Well normally there's a handful of husbands there but nope not this year. Kaleb was the only guy. I don't know that we'll convince him to come back.  


He's always welcome though. I mean he was surrounded by beautiful women. Okay so most were older than him but we are still beautiful. LOL

This is a few of the 1970's Phi Mu Ladies.  The lady to my left was my big sister, Patty. Don't see most of these ladies but once a year except Sheryl and Kathy on the far right. We see each other more often.
Patty, Roberta, Jonell
      
Over all we had a good time at our table. I won one of the silent auctions. Five books, all by Phi Mu's.  Pretty cool.  Not included in my win was The Help but also written by a Phi Mu. I'm gonna have to go find out what other books all these ladies wrote.

Books I won were 
Southern Discomfort by Tena Clark
The Eighty year old Sorority Girls by Robin Benoit
The Physicist's Daughter by Mary Anna Evans
The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand
Where the Crawdad's Sing by Delia Owens

Pamela won two silent auctions. One was a basket with whiskey from a local distillery and can't remember what else.

That's it for now.  

Until next blog.....    "In literature as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen by others." ~ André Maurois



4 comments:

donna said...

Sew happy you are doing well and having a great time. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
Loves you donna

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy lady!! I’m glad you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Of course I love you. That dang burger is soooooo good though

Carla said...

To this anonymous commenter: "Anonymous said...
You have been a busy lady!! I’m glad you are doing well!"

Gotta keep moving. Since I'm not sure which of my friends made this comment I can't reply directly to you. If you sign with your first name I can figure it out. LOL

But thank you for following along and commenting.

Carla