Thursday, May 27, 2021

More Visitors & Fun

Had more fun visitors! My niece Shelby is on a nursing assignment in Houston until July so she and her boyfriend Adam came to the farm.  They drove to Pamela's Friday night and hung out then they all came to the farm.  Of course Jerry was ready for a new visitor or two.   Jerry loves having visitors and it's even better if he gets a couple of carrots. LOL

The girls decided to stay on the porch. That's Bri laying down which is very unusual. She's always ready to bark at Jerry but she was tired. Lilley didn't want to get her paws wet since it had rained earlier. Sophie was in the yard with us.



Gotta love this girl. She's such a nut. Our first stop was for lunch in Calvert at the Wonky Donkey. It's a pizza place that opened since we moved to the farm. It was really good. Pamela had fun with Shelby and Adam and so did we. 



After getting our tummies full we walked across the street to En Gedi Winery where we found yummy wine to drink. The owners are really nice so it's always a great place to visit.    After the kids did a tasting we all had a glass of wine. While inside the rain came down really hard. Some of the streets were even flooded by the time the rain stopped but luckily the street we parked on wasn't flooded.  
From here we headed to Taylor to the Texas Beer Co. Adam drank some wine but he likes beer better so we had to give him to enjoy too. Well he did enjoy the wine but he likes beer. They have all kinds of beers and ciders.

It was getting late and I needed to get home to cook dinner if we all wanted to eat. While I was cooking baked penne pasta Adam and Shelby pulled the cover off the pool table.  Shelby was the winner. 3 out 5 games I believe. She gave her Momma the credit for pool playing ability. Are you reading this Nancy? LOL
   

 Sunday we got up and hung out at the house until lunch time. My original plan was to take them to the 4C Brew Barn for lunch and a beer but it was raining..Again. Uggh  We gave them a choice what they wanted because there was an opening on the covered porch to eat but they voted for Mexican food. So we drove on down the road to Cameron to have Mexican food at El Charro. We really like the food there and everyone else left with happy and full tummies.
Now we went back to the house and just hung out and took a couple of pictures. Well Shelby took a picture. I did something wrong when trying to use my selfie stick and none of the pictures turned out. So this picture that Shelby took is the only one that turned out.

We had a great visit. Hopefully we can all get together again before she goes on her next assignment. It had been about 4 years since we'd seen her. So it was good visit!
After PT this past week I got a present in the mail. Big surprise.. it wasn't a special occasion.  But wow check out this beautiful shawl. My cousin Gayle made it for me. She is very talented. 
I just love the colors.  And while Gayle and her sister, Lisa were cleaning out their parents things they found several Bibles and they thought I might like this Bible. Their parents, my Aunt and Uncle passed within weeks of each other the first of the year. 
They think my Mom gave this Bible to my Uncle her brother and thought I should have it.
Both gifts are really special. Can't think Gayle and Lisa for their kindness.


So another busy week and I'm thinking I've wore out my friend Shirley. Hope she ate her Wheaties. LOL. She always tells me she's wore out after reading about my blog adventures. 

That's it for now..
Until next blog...A family is pieced together with hope and faith.


No comments: