Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Visiting I go... plus Family


 Continued to run the roads after our anniversary adventures. I went down to visit Mom and Joe. We had some good laughs. Tried to keep her laughing anyway.
I needed to go mail a package for Pamela so I told her to come and keep me company. Plus I wanted to run by a quilt shop in Montgomery, TX that I got an email about called Montgomery Quilt Company that was closing. I didn't even realize there was still one there.  Come to find out they had moved from the smaller shop that I could see as I drove down Hwy 105 to a larger shop around the corner. Well darn.  The owner is closing for personal reasons and not financial so that's good to hear. They have everything marked down 30% even the shelves, tables, display items.
 I saw this little machine and snapped a picture to send to a couple of friends who love these machines. This had been cleaned up and totally refurbished. They had 2 left.
No I didn't buy one. They're not my thing but they are fun to look at.
Besides I had already put a dent in my quilting budget for the month but I did need thread.  Mom looked at the pretty fabric and looked at what I was getting. She saw some things that she liked but nothing she needed to buy since she doesn't sew any longer. Her eyes are giving her fits with the macular degeneration.
Then I saw a piece of fabric that went with a line of fabric I have stashed away that I figured I could handle a yard of fabric. It's A Riley Blake fabric. They had other pieces I wanted but had to leave for another visit before they close hopefully.
I was at the cash register when I saw this clock. Dang it. I had seen this clock on someones post in one of the groups I'm in on FB and I had to have it for my Sewing Room.  In fact I think that was the name of the group. The Sewing Room.

Anyway I had to have and then I had to get out of there before I started blowing up my budget. I love this clock.
Once we get my curtain shelving up it'll go up there.
Soon...


David was coming home that night so I took Mom back home and visited a few minutes longer with Joe and then I headed home to cook dinner. This is what was for dinner. Zucchini taco boat. Normally I buy 2 zucchini's (one for each of us) and split in half. But the zucchini David picked a few days earlier was big enough that all I had to do is split this one and we each got full on our half filled with taco meat, jalapeno, bell pepper, onion and topped with cheese.  KETO friendly. So yummy good. I like being able to use fresh veggies out of the garden.

 We had a few okra and a squash that needed to get cooked up so I sliced them up with jalapeno, bell pepper, and onion and sauteed them up. I forgot to snap a pretty picture before we start eating on it. Again it's Keto friendly. I sometimes add mushrooms but I didn't have any this time.





On 9/11 the clouds were making weird shapes. Okay I was being easily amusement.  It was a Hersey Kiss. Well in my eyes. By the time I got my phone out to take the picture it had distorted a little. LOL


Now this wasn't funny, it was serious... The sky's were getting dark and angry looking over the house but they tricked me and move right on over and didn't drop one single raindrop.  How rude!

We need rain in the worst way. Our ground is hard as a rock and cracking and our poor pond has gotten smaller.

Then I was down to one single rain cloud but nothing. Night view of backside of house. I wish it was raining on me but didn't happen.
Friday the 13th presented a Full Moon over the Rock'n K so David and I sat on the front porch with an adult beverage enjoying the view.  This was the first full moon on a Friday the 13th in 13 years.    The Harvest Moon.  Posted this picture on FB and Josh goes nice cozy. It's the one from their wedding in 2014.  Good eyes.
My 1st cousins, Gayle and Lisa, who I spent a lot of time with when we were kids threw their parents an anniversary party at the senior living home where my Aunt and Uncle reside on Saturday the 14th.
I thought 41 years was an accomplishment but Uncle Dick and Aunt Mary celebrated 65 years. Twenty four more to go David. They shared pictures on FB and I'm going to share them here.
Lisa Guinther, Aunt Mary Mullins McLallen, Doug Dowell,
Uncle Dick McLallen and Gayle Flynn
I love this one because the gentleman standing up is a cousin who I haven't seen in 40+ years and she tagged him so I was able to friend him on FB and say 'Hi" He's a multi- talented guy. He's been a lawyer if I remember right and since at least 2009 he's been an actor and producer.
 Doug had 4 brothers. As a kid I loved when we went to visit their house. I thought they were cool and the cutest brothers ever and they always put up with me. 
Then they posted another picture of more cousins. Their Mom was my grandfather's sister. We spent a lot of time at their place when I was growing up too . I remember picking strawberries in Aunt Marie's huge garden. Well it seem huge when I was a kid.  It's been a while since I've seen these folks too but not as long as Doug. 
Connie Barnes, Phyllis Bethards and their brother Bill Triplet  with Aunt Mary and Uncle Dick
Thank you Gayle and Lisa for sharing these pictures so I could save them in my album and share them on my blog.

So I'm stopping for now but there is definitely more Saturday activities that were happening but if I stop now the blog won't be so long. Don't want to bore you totally. Saturday the 14th was a fun day but you'll have to wait until my next post to see what I was up too.

Until next blog post...
 Take spring when it comes, and rejoice. / Take happiness when it comes, and rejoice. / Take love when it comes, and rejoice.” ~ Carl Ewald

As My Dadđź’— would say.... Toodle Loo,  See you in the funny papers.


3 comments:

Linda said...

I love catching up with you! That food sure looks good. So does your mom!

Linda said...

Love catching up with you! I think I’ve already commented but maybe it didn’t take!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks like nice family time.