Tuesday, September 17, 2019

41 Years of Marital Bliss & Quilts completed

Okay my title might be a little off. We've definitely have those ups, downs and every which way. But the good times out number the off days. We signed on for another year.  Here we go again. LOL
Saturday (8/31)was kind of a lazy day. David finished up the shelf for my 2nd window in my sewing room and set it up there to check sizing and see how it looked. Love it. Now I need to putty the nail holes and paint it then David will attach the shelf to the brackets and my windows will be complete.
I worked on some quilts I need to get finished up so I can get them in the mail to the recipients.
Basically today was doing small projects and just hanging out. In the late afternoon we got ready and did a quick stop at Wal-Mart and then we headed to dinner at another new place. We've been hearing about this place in or actually outside Rockdale called Apache Pass Steak House. There's an ice house next door too. This was our anniversary dinner choice even if it is a couple days early.
Whoever took my phone call to make reservations didn't quite follow through. They didn't reserve us a table after all but the hostest came through and sat us a table for 8+. Now that felt weird but at least we got to sit. The outside of the building has a tepee' entry and the inside decor is nice and rustic. The steak house is only open Friday and Saturdays. The ice house side is open Thursday through Sunday.

Nice waiting area when they need it or just a nice place to sit and have a drink with friends. There's a fire pit in the middle of the restaurant. 
And the back wall is all windows that have a nice view out back. I want to sit out there when the weather is nice. At least under 90 degrees. LOL
Oh and the food was great. As a special treat for us because of the messed up reservation they comp'ed our dessert. The young lady who waited on us was so sweet. Made our first visit very special.
After dinner we decided we wanted to walk outside and see the outside only it was already dark by the time we went out so we couldn't see a whole lot but we took time to have a drink on one of the 5 patio decks. I had a sangria margarita swirl.... mmmm

I do believe we'll go back to this place.
Pamela and her nursing gals were in Houston at the BackStreet Boys Concert. I do believe that had way to much fun. LOL
David David How does your Garden Grow? For first timers we had a pretty good harvest today.
Cucumbers, okra, jalapeno and Anaheim peppers, squash, yellow and purple bell peppers and 2 big zucchini's .  We've had plenty of flowers on the zucchini's plant but this was the only ones we've got to harvest so far. Tomatoes are done until fall planting.
On Sunday 9/1,  I sat on the back drinking my ice coffee and watched our hummers. This little guy was guarding his juice supply. lol

They're so much fun to watch.
David called me over to the fence area by our garden to point out the tracks. We had a visitor that morning. The sprinkler went off at 6 so it had to be after that to make the paw print because otherwise the ground is too hard. We're thinking coyote.  mmm



And look at this little guy. At first I didn't notice him.
I thought it was a piece of green bark until it moved. Not much bigger than a 50 cent piece.
Later that day I rode to the base of the property to see where our feral hogs got on to our property.
 We actually found 2-3 places.  And as we were walking along I noticed this tree with fruit on it. I picked this one up off the ground. It's a persimmon. There were plenty of the tree but too high to reach.
Pamela came up and we went to have my fav.. Mexican Food.    Pamela didn't stay the night after dinner and drove on back home.      So David and I sat out on the back porch just relaxing. Unfortunately I finished off my Blackshire Blackberry Whiskey that goes awesome with Simply Lemonade. mmm.

They don't ship their whiskey or sell anywhere except at the distillery. Gonna have to make a trip back to Hermann Missouri to get some more.

Or find a distillery here in Texas that sells a good Blackberry whiskey.

So Monday rolls around our actual 41st wedding anniversary and it's quiet and not much happening. LOL We did our celebrating all weekend. On the quiet times I got in and finished up my great nephews quilts that live in Missouri. Took pictures and got them in the mail.  Nephew and his wife had Preston a few months ago and I finally got his quilt finished And since his big brother Carson didn't get one when he arrived I made him one also using the same fabric. I wasn't quilting so much back when Carson arrived so I'm making up for it now. On Preston's quilt I did what is called a faux binding. It uses 2 fabrics to make it look like it has piping around the edges. The quilting motif on both quilts was wildlife. You can see a deer, moose, a bear and a tree.  My friend Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest did the quilting.  She's so good to me.





Used the same fabric but a different pattern.
Their mom, my niece Bailey Jo sent this cute picture of the boys with their quilts.
 Aren't they adorable? I love it.
One more great nephew to go.  He came next. Baby Tate was born in March so yes I'm real fast on getting the quilts made but yeah I'm working on it.
Then I'll work on a new quilt for the Texas guest room here at the Rock'n K. Babies come first though.
I did just finished a quilt top for my friend Pam's newish grandbaby Girl. She too was born in March. It's going to the Quilter on Thursday for sure but can't show the picture yet. Soon though.
Well that's it for now folks. Oh what shall I get into next. So much to do and see.

Until next blog...  
        “To keep your marriage brimming with love in the wedding cup
      Whenever you’re wrong admit it.

                                                Whenever you’re right – shut up,”  ~Ogden Nash   LOL


1 comment:

Annie said...

Carla, these two quilts for the boys look awesome. I love the colors. The designs are so different they won’t be mixing up which quilt belongs to which boy. Great designs for them both.