Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

It seems every one is blogging or reading blogs these days. You can see on my blog page that I follow several Blogs myself. I find them inspiring, entertaining, and helpful. Then sometimes the blog just keeps me updated on folks I don't see everyday. I'm not sure where my blog will fall but hopefully I'll provide a little of everything then again I could just bore you to death. I started a blog for a friend of mine back in December to help keep our mutual friends and co-workers updated with her progress and her journey thru life with cancer then got to thinking maybe I could write one for myself. So here I am after a little push and encouragement from a couple of friends I'm trying my hand at writing. Now if you ask my husband about me writing he'll tell you that could be a scary thing since I tend to leave words out or my thoughts don't always flow. Oh well that's me.
The book club just read and discussed the book "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F Wright. I used a whole box of Kleenex so keep a box handy if you read. Geez I'm such a cry baby. This book has sorrow, romance, anger, frustration, joy, and on and on. It covers almost every adjective possible. .... It's about a husband who writes a letter to his wife every Wednesday of their lives. Aaaahhhh......   It's an easy and fast read. I don't want to say too much about the book in case you decide to read it. The letters varied in length from two sentences to a page or pages. Don't worry you're not going to read 50 years worth of letters. After the couples' death the 3 grown children find the letters and start reading them. Through the Letters they discover unknown family history, they see love, dedication, faith, strength and they even find a way to heal old wounds. I thought it was a good book. Now the day before the meeting I had about 40 pages left to read so I took the book to work, 1st mistake. 2nd mistake was reading at my desk during lunch instead of going out. One of the boss's walked up behind me in my cubicle during my lunch while I was reading and caught me crying like a baby. Now I tried to not turn around but when I do he goes "Are you okay Carla, why are… (big smile) don't tell me you're crying over the book?" Of course I have to say yes and he couldn't stop laughing. That’s me, the entertainment for the day. Oh and just in case you do read the book and it doesn't have a final letter taped to the back inside cover of the book let me know and I'll send it to you. It kinda wraps the story up.
Those present at the book discussion all thought that the practice of writing a letter every Wednesday was a cool thing. We talked about our own possible letters, journals, diaries or blogs, should we or shouldn't we or maybe we already do. When my daughter was little I would write something in my planner every day. I would note what we did, what we saw, our moods, the weather or whatever to just leave her a hint of what our day was like. One day she'll find the calendars in my keepsake boxes and hopefully read. I'm such a sentimental boob and sometimes a pack rat of mementos of our life what can I say.

Maybe my blog can serve as my Wednesday letter of sorts but I won't be revealing any deep dark secrets or dead bodies buried, I mean that fresh dirt pile in my backyard is nothing. Honest….

So far I've blogged about one of my favorite things - reading/book club with a couple of stories of the day thrown in. I'm about ready to move into a new subject (Thank God right) and for my quilter friends I will eventually talk about quilty stuff. Oh and maybe some home renovation comments or recipes if I try something new. Dang I guess I better work on some quilty stuff if I want to blog about it. ;o) 
Reader beware you may find I quote you, share a picture or story of you.
Well this is my random journal of life. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Until next time..................................
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. ~ Jean Luc Picard

¨))-:¦:-.•*¨).•*¨))-:¦:-
   ((¸¸.·´
Carla..·´-:¦:-
     :¦:- ((.•*¨))-:¦:-

2 comments:

Linda said...

THIS is why you blog! Just exactly what you are doing!! To write is to realize what we are thinking. Write for YOU! Pam will thank you for it as well. The written word has such power.....to inspire, entertain, heal.....
Does your mom read your blog? That would be such a good way for her to 'see' you. When I am in Fort Worth I sometimes show mine or Amber's or Summer's to her. Since her stroke she is not able to access it on her own. Did you know you can turn your blog into a book? It would be much like a journal you could keep and holdl in your hand to read and remember.

OK!! I have GOT to get that book and read it!
Great post....as always!

Amber said...

glad you are blogging, carla! love to hear what's going on in with those crazy kennedy's!