Monday, September 30, 2024

Now the Fun Begins... Bridal Shower time


 Okay so I'm in full planning mode... Kinda. I'm out of my element. I haven't had anything to to do with Baby or Bridal showers in 30 years but I told Pamela they could have a shower here at the Rock'n K. What was I thinking and it got deeper. She had this inspiration picture of a cake.  And she would like it to be a white almond cake with raspberry filling.. Okay so I check on pricing for a cake and then I got this hair brain idea that I would bake it myself. Keep in Mind I am not a baker. So the research and testing began. I know a few bakers so I began asking them questions and then I started testing my skills.  3 cakes later I found the right amount of almond extract to use in the cake and icing and learned more about the icing and raspberry filling in between the layers. My A1C is probably up after licking the cake batter and icing off my hands and out of the bowls. My friend Kelli said thanks for the 4 pounds she put on.  She, David, Pamela and Kaleb were my official tasters. I even took one cake to book club meeting to share. Surprising it came okay and tasted alright even though I forgot the butter in the batter. I realized it 10 minutes into the baking process.

Pamela's shower theme was Vino before Vow's. Hence the wine bottle on top. I got the french Macaroons to decorate the cake from Shirley Mae's Bakery in Cameron. They were awesome. I added some gold edible paint to the macaroons and the grapes.  And below is the inspiration cake. 

I ran out of time and forgot to add some flowers to mine but I had the grapes. So how'd I do?  I made some boo boo's but everyone seemed to like the cake. Not too bad for my first attempt to bake a cake to feed 30-40 guests.

Pamela's bridesmaids (Chelsie, Pamela, Marlaina, Haley, Spenser, Lesley & Heather), her house party (Samantha, Pamela & Amanda), and my two friends Kelli and Sheryl were awesome. 

They provided food, prepped food, decorated, opened wine and helped set up.



 
Check out the wine glass and heart cookies that Sheryl made. Cute and Tasty.
And I put Lesley in charge of taking pictures unless she was in it like this one. Without her I wouldn't of had any pictures of the day.

All the ladies made it happen and the Momma even survived. 
 

We were well stocked with nurses. These ladies all work or have worked and a couple were in nursing school with Pamela.  

Pamela was showered with love and goodies to start her and Kaleb's next chapter as husband and wife. 

Several of Kaleb's family members made it out to the farm.

Her future MIL Tori on the Left and her future SIL Sarah on the right. And unfortunately I can't remember the names of the other two future family in the picture. 

Another picture of Tori her future MIL

So many people and my
brain was on over load. But I'm so glad they made up to celebrate. 

This young lady Marlaina has been Pamela's friend since elementary school and is one of the bridesmaids.
 Her cousins Kendall and Shelby with baby Ramsey came and so did her Aunts Lynn & Glenda from Houston.  And Pamela's hairstylist Brittany came up.
Another picture of some future family. 





  Figured since I'm on a roll I'd share a couple of Pamela opening gifts.



Have your senses been over loaded now?
I believe the shower was a success and Pamela felt the love.
Can't thank everyone enough for helping and coming to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of Kaleb and Pamela. 
I was pretty much useless on Sunday. LOL

And on that note I'll stop. I could continue posting pictures galore because Lesley did a great shop taking them. 

Until the next post... “Marriage is not easy but then nothing that is worth having ever is.

No comments: