Saturday, September 7, 2024

It's all about US. 46 years and still chugging along

Yep 46 years of marital bliss as David always tells everyone.  LOL  We never dreamed
of living
on a farm with cows and a donkey.
 Plus a couple of over grown lap dogs but here we are on the Rock'n K. And to be honest we wouldn't want to be anywhere else and I personally am glad I'm here with him.  He left the house on the pretense he needed gas for the mower and he did but he also came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and they smell really good. He did good.

Sunday (9/1) evening we went to Rockdale to Joe's Italian Restaurant for dinner. It was really good. Our waiter remembered me from our book club. Oh No!  The group might have been a little rowdy that night. LOL  Anyway David got his favorite chicken parmigiana with pasta and I got a chicken and shrimp albaneze. We came home with lots of left overs. I had enough left over for 2 meals.  


Monday (9/2) It's hard to believe that we go married 46 years ago. Oh sure there were ups and downs and every which way but we created lots of memories and a beautiful daughter. I was a nice wife and made eggs benedict for breakfast. We were in Colorado on a ski trip the first time we ever ate eggs benedict. We've tried at different places and some were and some were not but luckily I found a good recipe and make it ever so often.  David was a happy boy.

So we decided to go to out for a drive to Walburg to find dessert. LOL It wasn't about lunch, it was all about the dessert. By the time we got to Dales Essenhaus David said he was hungry and asked about maybe sharing the lunch special of fried chicken. That worked because I wasn't real hungry plus I wanted to save room for the peach cobbler with ice cream.  ohhh so yummy.  The fried chicken and definitely the peach cobbler.   
Another year down and many more to annoy and love each other. Here's we go. LOL




A great ending for our date night. LOL Nothing but the best... A visit to WalMart. LOL Awww life in a small town. Gotta love it and we do!

So John and Kelli are building a new home on their property. They leaving their furniture in the small home for guests/family when they come up to visit so they are buying so new furniture for the new house and she asked me to come with her to shop.  OOOOoo fun I get spend someone else's money. But before all that fun shopping we stopped at Oscar's General store for lunch. I've never had their hamburgers but they had small size and that's what we both got.  Yum Yum. Cooked and seasoned just right.  Now off to shopping.  She had an idea of what she wanted and we had lots of couches to sit on and test. Get this one of the couches talked. When you turned on the power to the usb ports and cup hoder device it said POWER ON in a smooth female voice.  I kinda jumped not gonna lie. I wasn't expecting that.  I texted David that I found the perfect couch and recliners. They had a lumbar support button. Yeah I don't need to be shopping for anything. LOL  I was there for emotional support for Kelli.  Not sure how well I did. I'm waiting now for the final decision on which couch they got.  We found two but you know how decision will kill us.  John went back with her to put the signature on the final decision and buy.  LOL  Good Luck on whatever they buy because I know it will be great and be very comfy.

I'm getting closer to being caught up with my 2024 color block challenge. I'm working on July now, but January thru June are finished.

Moving along. Most Challenges I start but never complete. But this time I am determined to complete.  
Well that's it for now... 
Until next blog post...    “An anniversary reminds us that our marriage made it so far because it is strong, good and worth fighting for.”

2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! We've eaten at Oscars! Pretty good food!
hugs
Donna

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog