Monday, October 17, 2022

New Texas Music Artist and quilting

 Friday (9/23).. Pamela told me last week that Kaleb's sister Sarah would be playing at the Rail & Rye in Navasota and we should come. No problem I thought. Our plan was to eat there also but we either had to eat at 4:15 or 9:15. That wasn't gonna work. So we decided to meet Pamela and Kaleb at Maria Mia for dinner. Kaleb's mom, Tori was going to join us but decided she would be back tracking so she'd just meet us at the Rail & Rye for the show.  We met Kaleb & Pamela at 6 for dinner. Pamela shared her fajita dinner with me and that worked perfect. Poor Kaleb was running on about four hours of sleep. He had to go into work at like 1 am and when he got home he got maybe a couple more hours of sleep and that's it. He's a hard worker. 
This is Sarah. Not the best shot but these people sat down right in front of her and they moved into my shot. She sounds good but the noise of the party crowd (lol) kinda drowned her out a few times.  Hope to hear her sing again in the future.
I've been working on another quilt for my great niece Oakley who made her entrance to the world Monday, October 26th. Her quilt arrive a couple days later.  I thought a good background would be a firetruck in honor of the grandpa, who is now a retired fireman. And the 2nd photo I took at the entrance to neighbors property. This was a fun quilt to make. Hope Oakley likes it.

At the Rockdale Sassy Stitchers Bee we had Tiffany from the Fabric Barn in Rosebud come teach us how to make this Christmas tree wall hanging. Mine is not finished but we had an over achiever who finished and even embellished her tree.  Brenda did a great job.  The one on the right is by Tammy. Hers will be part of a quilt. This was a fun project and I need to finish mine. Picture will be taken after it's finished. Whenever that is. LOL
        

While I was in College Station getting my Nails done and picking up groceries David couldn't find Bruno. He had looked everywhere and made sure he hadn't locked him in the laundry room or the garage. Well he walked back into our bedroom and 'surprise' there was Bruno.... on our bed! And no he's not been sleeping in our bed with us but I guess he decided it would be a good place to take a nap. He looks all guilty.  He's still not getting to sleep on the bed but he sneaks away and tries sometimes. LOL

On Friday 9/30 David and I were invited to celebrate Jake and Amber's marriage. Jake is John and Kelli's (the other Kennedy's) son.  We felt honored join them at Napa Flats for dinner. They're a cute couple.   David and I cleaned up pretty nice for them. 
Jake and his brother Jared are carefully lifting off the top layer of the yummy Nothing Bundt cake to save to eat on 1st year anniversary. They did it without incident.  
It's so pretty. It was the white chocolate Raspberry cake. I didn't eat a piece but David really liked it. He shared a bite with me and it was good.
The whole time they were feeding each other the cake Amber was going "Do Not shove it in my face". Jake really wanted to I think but thought better of it. LOL
It was a really nice evening. Thanks again Kelli and John.

Again Bruno made us laugh. This silly dog wouldn't just let David relax on the couch. Instead he jumped up and leaned over almost upside down over David's legs. 
We figured out that Bruno liked his car ride to the vet. He and David went outside and as David opened the car door Bruno jumped in.  And he's ready to go. LOL

I'll stop for now. Because my next post will be all about quilt retreat!
Had a great time.
So until then....“This above all: To your own self, be true”  ~  William Shakespeare


No comments: