Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Quilting away and other News

One of the nurses that Pamela works with had a baby girl and Pamela found some fabric for a quilt and of course you know who gets to make it. LOL. 

This pattern is called boxes and bows. The fabric has a vintage looks. Even David said he like this fabric. I really like how it turned out. Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest did the quilting. 

And the best part is that Lauren liked the quilt for her baby girl Allison.
I also made a quilt for a cousin. Their daughter had a baby boy and I wasn't very quick at getting this one done. I believe Liam turned 6 months. Better late than never. I started another quilt pattern that wasn't going so well. Actually very slow. At the rate I was going Liam was gonna be a year old by the time I finished so I changed directions and came up with this idea.  Momma Jordan sent me a message and she loved it.  Nothing went quite right with this one. I had an idea for the back but I couldn't find the fabric and then I found this one. It was perfect.
My friend Donna @ Donna's Lavender Next quilted it with a boots and stars motif.  It came out really cute.                               I've already started my next quilt with 3 more in the que. Sew Sew Sew.
Thursday (8/4) was Date day for me and David. We've been wanting to go to this Texas Rustic place in Waco and off we went. And we found this bookcase for his office. He is getting to finally be able to unpack his boxes for his office and get it organized the way he wants it. And we bought a 2nd nightstand for the Texas guest room that I didn't take a picture of.  He's been trying to decide what size and kind of bookcase and now he found one he likes.  
Monday (8/8) was my Mom's birthday so Pamela and I drove down to Mom and Joe's to visit. Pamela and I have always spent the day with her for her birthday or close to it. She was in great spirits. Very talkative and alert until the end of our visit. She said she was really tired and I told she couldn't go to sleep because she had to visit with us. But the minute we said we had to get home and Pamela stood up, Mom laid over and was closing her eyes. I think she was asleep before we hit the door. It was a really good visit.
So on Wednesday 8/10 David had surgery. I haven't talked about it really but to a couple people but here I am on my blog. With David's permission of course. The week before he had a CT scan thinking he had kidney stones again but instead they told him he had a tumor on his bladder.  What?! This is hard and he definitely don't like being down.  They removed the tumor but we have to wait until the pathology report comes back to know the final outcome. The good news would be they got it all and it didn't go into the lining and he'll just need to come in for check ups every few months but the not so good news could be Chemo or radiation treatments. We just don't know. It's not something you expect obviously but we're hoping for the best.  He's recovering from the surgery pretty good except for some cramping but the doctor said it's not uncommon. I know David doesn't feel good when he's willing to stay inside and watch TV. He is normally working outside and yes even in this Texas heat. Hopefully we'll know something before this week is out. Please say a prayer for him and that we get good news.

Bruno and I took a walk out to the mailbox and I saw this ugly bug last week. Anyone know what it is? I thought it was a spider at first glance but upon closer inspection I decided it was a bug. A Creepy bug at that.                                                                        We went to the backyard and Jerry wanted to hang with Bruno. I missed the shot where they were kissing on each other. Animals are funny and cute.
Bruno is a mess. It's hard to water the plants without him wanting to help. This time David shot water out into the flowerbed so Bruno could play. He loves jumping and snapping at the water. If you listening you can hear him snapping in the video.
And if he's entertaining himself..... he starts throwing the blue bucket around in the backyard. He's pretty much destroyed it between tossing it and chewing on it.
  

He's been such a sweet and entertaining guy.
He loves to cuddle in David's lap and hasn't been able too since David was recovering from the surgery. He also likes to come running and jump over the side of the recliner and land in his lap but I set up a barrier of bar stools to avoid that. Or so I thought.  Last night David was leaning back in the recliner and Bruno saw an opening and leaped between the bar stool and the back of the recliner. He landed on David's chest. That sent the recliner further back to the point I thought the chair was gonna flip over to the floor. Here's the result




Bruno was now a happy boy. 
My Life journey is progressing slowly. As of Monday 8/15 I have lost 40 pounds. I can sort of see it in some pictures but I can mostly tell in my clothes and how they fit.  My little sister told me about this Unjury protein powder that I now use. Can't thank her enough because I wasn't able to get in the protein I needed just by eating and I was getting tired of drinking the premier shakes all the time. Now I can have juice and decaf coffee, etc. I have added the unflavored powder in some food if I'm making something for just me. Not sure David wants my protein powder in his food. Not that he'd know it.
Also went to the Heart Rhythm doctor to check out my pacemaker today (8/17).  Good report there. Everything is working and they saw on incident of Afib that lasted 20 seconds and said no problem.  Don't have to go back for 6 months. Yay. Doc was happy with the weight loss and was glad to hear that I have very few issues with or after the bariatric surgery.

That's my news for now. 
Until next blog... The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n ~ John Milton

4 comments:

Linda said...

So happy to see this post! I will be praying for both you and David! Your mom looks good! I am so happy I got to meet her.
Your quilts are works of art! I am working on a baby quilt for my nephew in Kansas City. I still can't believe I have these amazing siblings and extended family. And I am SO very happy that Rita and Buster and Thomas met my sister, Nita. I continue to struggle with her death....

Deanie's granddaughter, Andie, is going to A&M.....they are there now.
I told her Mart is not far away and I will SO be there for a visit with her!

Love you, Carla! Hang in there! You are on the right road to health!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog post!

Sandy Trachsel said...

Nice blog post!

Linda said...

Wow! So much going on! Praying for you and David…and your mom and Pamela….all of you.