Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tatts and Country Life

So Pamela got a new tattoo for her birthday. She went to our favorite place in Bryan. Scott Dowdy @ Arsenal does all our artwork and tattoos. He takes a vision and makes it come to life. Pamela gave him a simple idea and he worked his magic.
After approval of his final drawing it goes on her leg.  Love the way It looks like the wolf is gonna bite her. It's on Scott's shirt.
    
Scott is hard at work making it real.  It took almost 2.75 hours to finish.
Finished product looks pretty cool.
       
Our grand floofs came to visit while Pamela went to visit friends. While I was trying to sew Lilley and Bri decided it was time to rough house. Sophie was sleeping close by, she was tired I guess. 
Thursday, 3/10 Our neighbor Kelli Kennedy and I went to Lunch in Calvert at the Old Calvert Hotel. They're only open Thursday-Saturday from 9-4 so it limits the days we can go to lunch. That's something about small towns that we have to get used too. LOL 
Kelli got the Railroad Hamburger. It was big and juicy. It had a large onion ring and sliced smoked jalapenos on it. She said it was delicious.  I got the crispy chicken southwest salad. And it was very yummy.
     
After Lunch we went around the block to En Gedi Winery.
The photo is by En Gedi. It's a great winery and the owners are super nice and informative. Lots of yummy tasting wine.

During one of our conversations I was telling Kelli how I had ordered some sandals thinking they were coming from Kansas  almost 3 months ago and Surprise. I got home and they were in the mail all the way from China. So far I do like the shoes.
If anyone out there is looking for a small venue for a retreat. Check out this place. It holds 4-6 crafters, quilters and/or friends and family. The owners are pretty good people.
So on Friday March 11th I got me a tattoo for my birthday too. David decided he got rid of his motorcycle too soon now that he has a tatted biker woman. LOL
My inspiration came from a picture my Mom drew when she was in high school. she was pretty good and helped in school when I had art projects. Next was my Dad's vintage Massy Harris tractor. It was in running order. He loved his red tractors. Green was bad if you asked him and my nephew Josiah. 
    
Scott took my inspiration photos and created the artwork and positions the art on my shoulder and gets to work on my new tattoo. 

Here's the final result. I love it. Once it heals the colors should be brighter.

Meet St Paddy. Our new calf was born 3/17 St Paddy's day. As of right now we aren't sure of the sex.  We have to wait until they get closer but we're thinking it's a girl.  Betty the Momma is a really good momma.    
So cute and fluffy but we can't get close enough to pet. Our momma's are very protective.
I hung my vintage Santa quilt on my design wall to measure so I can make borders when I noticed this little indention which is actually a cut.  Not sure how it happened and of course it's in the 2nd row down and next to last column. I'm about to have fun with my good friend called Seam Ripper. Grrrrrrr.  
Lilley has already approved this top.  She's a mess.
You've been hearing about all the grass fires in Eastland, TX area. Well we happen to know a family up there. Our friend, Tabitha shared her pictures of the fire as they evacuated. This was too close for comfort. It's been so dry around. I have heard that they caught the guy who actually started the fire. Thank goodness.
This is what they found when they finally got to go back home. Too Scary.
Prayers for all the people in Eastland. Some were not so lucky but I'm glad our friends were. 
Well this post is getting long so I'll have the share the adventures of the last few days in my next blog.

Until then.... 







 


No comments: