Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Let the Birthday Celebrations begin!

 The first and second week of March are very busy. Tuesday, March 1st Pamela and I went and had a facial and massage. Can you say...awwww? So dang relaxing. My face still feels really nice and for the day some of my tight spots in my side and everywhere else melted away. We used to go to a place in Cypress at least once a year but we have found a new place in South College Station called Peace at Hand. The ladies there are all really nice. 

After our me time we grabbed a bite of lunch at Mod Pizza and then we drove to Houston. My car was ready. Cory at Autoscan said we bought a clean car. It was in great shape.  YAY.  If you're in the Cypress area and you need some work done on your car check'em out.

By the time we got back to Pamela's we went to work on emptying all her cabinets. She got the call saying they were coming to replace her cabinets. Apparently the finished was coming off and peeling.  She hadn't hear from them since September and now they call 4 days before they plan to come out. Thanks for the warning.  Luckily Pamela's friend Chelsie came over and helped us. She was a much better helper than I. All she needed was wine and music. Pamela had both. We stayed up until 12:01am so we could wish Pamela a Happy Birthday. LOL. I had a video but it would make you dizzy to watch. Oh well. Take my word for it these girls worked well with the wine and music.

Wednesday, the 2nd was Pamela's birthday. We got up to go to the gym and continued to empty cabinets. David came into Bryan so we could go to lunch for Pamela's birthday. We went to Cilantro's in downtown Bryan. They have real tasty food. We left with full tummies and satisfied.  We dropped David back off at Pamela's house. David decided to take Bri and Sophie home with him so they wouldn't be under foot when the cabinet people came in to replace the cabinets the next day.  Pamela and I took off for our nail appointment then. A little pampering for the birthday girls for the last two days. After our nails we went back to Pamela's where I packed my stuff up and went home.

On Friday Pamela came up to the farm and David took us to dinner at Apache Pass Steak House. It was so good. We all had steaks cooked just right. And we had dessert. Oh man! Rustic apple tart with cinnamon ice cream. We all had To Go Boxes but couldn't pass on their yummy good apple tart. I forgot to take my glasses of my head when I took the picture. Oh well it is what it is.

And Saturday the 5th on My birthday we went to the Wildflyer Mead Co. to celebrate our birthday's. We just told folks if they wanted to raise a glass with us come on out for however short a time or long that they had to spare. We were both surprised how many did show.  At one point a doctor from the hospital walked by and Pamela introduced me to her. The doctor laughed and goes "Who's delivering babies and taking care of the mom's and babies?"  All but one of Pamela's friends there are nurses with her. LOL  At least two of the girls we were missing at this gathering we working hard at the hospital.. 
Love Brittany's shirt. She came up from Houston to help us celebrate. 
Scott & White has the prettiest nurses.
Poor Angie, She was such a good sport. She said she didn't like having her picture taken and tried to hide in her hoodie but she relented since it was mine and Pamela's birthday.   One of the nurses, Chelsie showed up the end and didn't get in any of the pictures.  I'll catch her next time she's at Pamela's.
Oh did I forget to mention I'm on photo overload now from our birthday gathering. Sorry.
Two of my former co-workers from the school district came up to raise a glass with us.    Samara, Brian(Genesis's husband) & Genesis.  Love these girls.
Pamela couldn't wait to use one of her birthday presents.
And the glass don't lie. Somehow we'll celebrate all month in little ways. LOL



Two of my Phi Mu Sorority sisters came out. Both wondering how in the heck we found this place. It's kinda out in the country. We're missing the one of the Fabulous 4. 
Sheryl was in Austin at the rodeo but I'll be seeing her soon.
Gigi and Kathy with their hubbies made it out.




And the Kennedy's, Kelli and John from another Momma came out to join us. Kelli even found a wine/mead she liked. I was worried she wouldn't find one and she did. It was a Bourbon Pecan Coffee. Yay and she even liked the Wildflyer
And last but not least there is Samara. She's always there to cheer me up and make me laugh.  
What a fun time we all had. Hanging with friends, laughing, talking, and having some wine. Thank you David for joining in the fun and buying me some wine. Love ya.
Until my next blog adventure...
'I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back...'

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have fun wherever you go!😁

Linda said...

I absolutely LOVE how you celebrate LIFE and cherish every single ocassion!!! Happy Birthdays all around!!!

terre said...

looks like you had a wonderful few days of celebrating! you and Linda C. know how to do it up big!

terre

donna said...

Good times and great memories.
Love ya
donna

Handywoman said...

You are so fun! Happy birthday to you and your friends!