Wednesday, November 3, 2021

As the world turns

 Well I think I'm ready to get back to writing and sewing. LOL  After I got back from retreat I semi unpacked my things but some things aren't and I seam to be running around a lot.

Just wanted to share a picture of the last two great nephews to have received a quilt just recently.

Patrick was born 7/25 to my niece Jessica and nephew Phillip in Cypress. Sweet baby boy. He is going to the batman fan as he grows up. He's off to a good start. 
This was the quilt he received to drag around and cuddle with.





Parker was born on 9/6 to my niece Bailey Jo and nephew Zachariah in Missouri. Isn't he a cutie. The baby... Parents are pretty cute too. LOL And this is the quilt I made for him to snuggle in and everything else babies do. 

Now that David has retired he has been able to work more on his favorite thing to do... Landscape. He's technically done for now until spring and He'll plant more. The front is looking really nice. Lots of Roses, Vitex, copper canyon daisy's and esparonza's 


The copper Canyon daisies have just begun to bloom. We should have lots of yellow color up front soon. 

While out taking pictures the FedX truck pulled up. Lilley greeted him nicely and got lovin and treat. She's finishing off her dog treat, FedX made a friend for sure.  Lilley loves laying out in the sun.
Pamela was in Cypress and went to Costco with her friend and she bought us a pretty chicken pot pie. She knows I make my own homemade pot pie but figured I might enjoy not having to pull meat off the bone and shred or chop. LOL. It was easy. All I had to do is pop it into the oven.  It's was pretty and it was tasty. Thank you Pamela for taking care of your parents.
I don't remember if I ever posted this picture or not. Our friends Kevin and Pam gave us these napkins. LOL. They're in honor of Jerry our donkey. I need to find out where they got these so I can maybe get more. They are so cute. Thanks to the Jackson's.
Gonna stop for now but there's always more stories to share.
Until next blog...A family is quilted and bound with love and grace


5 comments:

Linda said...

Love catching up with you! That chicken pot pie did look good!
Your ranch is gorgeous! David has pit a lot of work into that landscaping and it shows!
I’ve got to get a denim quilt finished this week! Not in the same league as you, though!

Annie said...

You have very lucky nieces and nephews and new grand nephews to enjoy your handmade quilts. Your home is SO beautiful!

terre said...

so nice to hear from you again! i take breaks from blogging too. as for the donkeys, we live in an area that has federally protected donkeys that wander our neighborhoods. we live on the edge of town and there are hills for them to roam but they like to come to our yards. yesterday we had 3 on my front porch. they are messy but i never lose sight of the uniqueness it is to have them running around free. they were here first!

terre

donna said...

Beautiful babies. Maybe Your David will want to out here and play in my flower beds.
Love and Hugs
donna

Lisa Roper said...

Love the quilt, your great nephew, the landscaping, Pamela’s thoughtfulness and .... the napkins!!!!