Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Gone Quilting - Part II

And the fun continues... Diana here worked on getting this one together without a pattern if I remember right. She bought the blocks and fabric at an estate sale. Could be wrong, since there was so much happening. She had many blocks and WIP she inherited from a dear friend. 


Kim E. was on a roll this retreat. She finished her carousel quilt top and sew many pillow cases. 

 
 And this one was sew cool.  The big fish is on one side and on the back was the man fishing. Nice job  

Kathy here was a former co-worker from a freight forwarding company and we're still part of the same book club for over 20+ years. She's not a quilting but she  crocheted up a storm.
    
Picture doesn't do it justice. It is really pretty and she finished just before retreat was officially over.
Aren't these two quilts adorable?! Both these belong to Anna. I'll be corrected eventually if I'm wrong. LOL
St Patty's Day was on Wednesday (3/17) and some came very prepared. Note Jane's leggings. She loves holidays. Her sister had the same t-shirt on.
And then Donna Lynn and Kim brought their green St patty's hats. We all had green on somehow but these girls showed spirit. LOL
  
At the retreat in October Denise made this awesome row by row quilt but she had all these scraps of fabric left and she didn't want them to go to waste so what does she do..... She starts piecing the scraps together to make a scrappy back. Too Cool.
She had this much put together before we left our last day of retreat.
Some of my girls really get behind their work.  LOL. It turned out so adorable.

      Here's one of my projects. I sewed up the background for my Petal Garden quilt.  Now I need to trace my petals to applique. Here's a close up of blocks

This is the pattern and the other picture is of a quilt hanging in Lone Star QuiltWorks
           

I hope mine looks that good when finished.
Vicki made this cute cute wall hanging. Awesome job. Before retreat was over she was working on a potting shed one.  She appliqued the scenery and used buttons for embellishment.

     This was made by Connie. My winner of the FQ's. She hasn't been sewing much until she came to retreat and look at what she's working on. Wow.

And this is my "What was I thinking"! I was thinking this pattern doesn't look bad and it says it's level is EASY.  Really
Sew many pieces to make these triangles and sew not easy to match the sews but as long as you driving by at 20mph you'll never notice. Here's one triangle along with the pattern. 
                     Check out this cool Apron that Becky made. I love it!

And here's Donna Marie with her finished quilt top. Not her normal colors but this is sew pretty.
I couldn't put all the pictures on here but if you want to can click here and it will take you to the photo album for this retreat. I did get most of them in this most. We had sew much fun. I couldn't do it without my retreaters. Thanks to each one of them for their contribution and friendship. 

Update! I found the book of puzzles and games for quilting retreats that I was gifted. YAY! Looked one more time in the bag I knew I put it in and viola' there it was tucked low in a side pocket.

Well that's it for retreat news.

Until next post...






 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Such gorgeous projects!! Y'all have so much FUN!!

donna said...

Good times and great memories made.
Love and Hugs
donna