Monday, November 25, 2019

Busy, Eventful, and Fun

 Got a quilt finished up for Pamela's nursing co-worker's baby shower. Pamela picked out all the fabris for this on like so many other quilts I make.
Before I give the quilts away 99% of the time I take pictures in various locations.  This one I called Blame it on the Wine.  LOL
I took most of the pictures at Bernhardt Winery in Pinehurst.

I had 3 errands to do this day. One was a doctors appointment, take pictures of this quilt for Hailey's Baby Boy to be and go see my Mom and Joe. They live just down the road from the winery.

 Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest quilted a puppy and bone motif. It came out so cute.  Can you see the dog and bones. 
I took one picture that I have to share. LOL. It was getting late so I didn't really expect it to come but do you see my photo bomber?  I had the quilt hanging on the fence and Jerry decided to check out what I was doing and get some attention.  You can see his eyes and just barely see his ears.  LOL
Almost Creepy but it's Jerry.
 Quilt photo shoot over for this quilt. I headed down the road to visit Mom and Joe.  She was having a good day. Had her go stand in front of Joe's Garden area for flowers and trees. 

Being a little sassy.  Love this picture of her.
Joe came over and took a picture with her.
Pamela shared a couple pictures of Hailey at the baby shower opening the quilt.
 Hailey doesn't like being the center of attention but Pamela forced her to smile when she took the picture. LOL 
Poor Hailey was being tortured by Pamela. Pamela said she did like the quilt though.    

I was on FB and saw a post on my sister's page and it said "If this isn't Barbara she has a twin?"  How funny the TV cam at the Chiefs 26 vs Vikings 23 game caught Barbara at the game.  She's the one with grey hair looking off in the distance.  Told her I was glad they didn't catch her picking her nose.  LOL                 
Got a phone call from our friends the Harpers and they asked if we'd be home on Saturday (11/9). Of course we are, come by I said.  Sheryl said they'd be here in the late afternoon. That was perfect and we even fed them.  Being in the country we don't get too many visitors and it's nice to have long time friends just stop in.

 I think this is the part of Pamela's job she loves the most.  Taking care of a fellow nurse/co-worker and her new baby.
Spenser a friend of Pamela's    knows her too well and sent her this T-Shirt. At first I thought WHAT! Then I read it again. Oh yeah.  That would be good shirt for me too. Unfortunately Pamela takes after me in coordination and walking. I cracked up.

We had a couple of nights below freezing and long enough that after Lilley ate her breakfast she tried to get a drink of water the next morning. She was little miffed at first but then continued to lick the ice.. I finally chipped a hole in the ice so she could get some water.
You can see the ice on the rain chains. I don't we saw a freeze until January when move up here in December.

 The weekend of the 14th we had made plans with Larry a co-worker of David's and his wife Sylvia to go to Fredericksburg for the weekend. They had never been. But darn it poor Larry hurt his leg and walking around town was not in the picture so they had to cancel.  We rented what we hoped was a cute and comfortable Airbnb. Whew it was and the price was very reasonable. We would have payed $100-200 more if we'd stayed in a hotel. Hate that they didn't get to go this time but we'll schedule a trip again with them. We went ahead and decided to go to the Hill Country on our own.  
Our friends the Jackson's sent us a text to see if we wanted to come see their new home in Austin and stay the night that Friday. David and I laughed because we were just about to text them to see if they wanted to join us in Fredericksburg and Kerrville since we already had reservations and couldn't cancel.  We decided we would stop by on Thursday for lunch and tour their new home. And they decided they could join us for the day and night Friday but had to leave mid-day Saturday. That works.
So here's the fun part... Not!
So we get to Kevin and Pam's in Austin on Thursday the 14th and took a tour their awesome home. It's really nice and spacious. And the special touches the previous owners put into this house were awesome. In the powder room the back was made of penny's. In their closet the previous owner didn't want to lose precious storage space and cut a spot in the closet under the stairs for storage. Pam & Kevin used it for suit cases.  There was a light in that space too. The house had 3 spacious quest rooms tucked down a hallway. There was some really nice tiling on the walls. Can't say enough about this house. The backyard was small but the patio was a nice size. A wet weather creek ran behind the house with lots of trees.  
After the tour we went to lunch at a restaurant just down the road. We had just put in our order and we were all talking and I was actually sitting still and square on the chair when all of a sudden I was going down. It was kinda surreal.  Needless to say the wooden chair dumped me on the floor and I landed hard on my butt and fell backwards hitting my head on the window framing.
I was stunned. The manager and I'm not sure who the other lady was but I do remember hearing her say she was a trained EMT.  David was next to me in no time. 
So that's how we started our trip to the Hill Country.  My back , butt and neck for the rest of the weekend were stiff and sore and I had a headache for about 2 days of it. Not a bad one but it was there.  Come to find out I was the 4th person to take a ride down to the floor because of the chairs being defective.
Of course and thankfully no one took pictures. Everyone worried about me all weekend. Everytime we came to a curb David would say watch out for the curb or the crack to tease me.  The one picture I did take was on that Sunday.
 
 I hadn't noticed before, but I turned just right and saw my right arm in the mirror.  Holy crap! I don't even remember hitting my arm.  
Today it's more purple and green.
After lunch we hung out for a while. Then We got on the road and headed to the Hill Country.

Well that's it for this post. I'll share the rest of the trip in my next post.

Until my next post....“Be strong and of good courage.”  Joshua 1:9


  




















2 comments:

Saimi said...

Your quilts are amazing, nice job!!! Ok I had a good laugh at that shirt, I think I'm gonna have one made for a friend of mine - that fits her perfectly! Isn't crazy how bruises just show up, My arm looks very similar to yours but I'm pretty sure I scraped it against the small closet in our trailer when I was reaching in the way back for something.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Saimi

Linda said...

Good grief! If you’re not tripping you are falling! Hope you are feeling better by now!
Your mom looks good and I think this is the first pic of Joe I’ve seen. I did meet him in person once. 2012 seems so long ago....