Friday, March 8, 2019

Hello 2019 So many boxes

There were so many boxes to unpack. I have com to hate boxes but at least they are all unpacked today. Most things are put away where I think I want them for now but who knows. Now my sewing room is still a work in progress.

So I have a new great nephew, Oliver. My niece Shelby had this little cutie before I got Oliver's quilt back to her. I gave it to her at the baby shower in November but took it back because I still needed to make the label and put the binding on it.




 Then The House happened and the packing began.  I actually put the quilt aside with full intentions of getting it to Shelby at Christmas but that didn't happen and all my stuff was packed away.
So while trying to snap a couple of pictures of the Quilt Jerry got interested and came over to check out what I was doing but would never fully look over the fence. The quilting was done by my friend Donna from Donna's Lavender Nest with a pattern called Animal Crackers.  You can see the elephant and the giraffe in the next pictures.  
After I put the quilt down he came over and hung his head on the gate. Silly Donkey.
Even though we've moved in not everything was completed before we did. The builder had his people come out and build an entry to the sidewalk to come to the front door. 
Looks really great. Since this picture they've stained the wood. There will be parking all in front of the entry. They came out today and started picking up all the stones all around the house from the build and the columns for the entry way to the front door.  Looks better already even though there's still more stone chunks and sand bags to pick up.  I think Jerry is telling me he didn't want his picture taken. He stuck his tongue out at me. Brat. He's very entertaining.
I think Jerry and Lilley have a special connection.  Pamela caught this picture of them at the gate in the backyard.  The meet each other at the fence just ever so often like this.  It's so cute.  Of course Jerry might stomp a mud hole with Lilley if they were in the same area as my friend Sandy said but at least while separated they seem to have a connection.
Retirement didn't really sink in until mid January. I mean it was like just the holidays because David was off and I was so busy unpacking and David was busy outside with fixing up the property and the animals. Then he went back to work and so did everyone else. 
I took a break to the patio one evening when it wasn't raining and it was warm to have a glass of wine in my cup from Michelle my former co-worker.  It's perfect.  Lilley likes it when I sit on the patio. She's smiling. Of course there haven't been to many days that I have been able to do that. It's either raining and the wind is blowing or the wind is blowing and freezing cold. So we took advantage this evening and sat outside. She got on the bench before I did.
I took Lilley in to get groomed with Sophie and Brianna and the photo theme for Top Paw Pet Spa was Mardi Gras. Sophie looks a little high, Brianna looks all business, and Lilley looks like she knows a joke.
On the 23rd of February I was out running errands and I get a text from David going "When did the calf arrive?" Huh What?! There was no calf on Friday. Apparently sometime Friday evening or Saturday morning the cow that David would call Crazy Bitch gave birth to a cute little calf. 
Holy cow our herd went from 9 - 11 and now 12 in total. Since cow number 3 had a calf David decided to go look her name up and be nice to her.  So Daisy has a cute and very active calf.  The calf seems is the only one who seems to really like Jerry. It will run between his momma and Jerry playing and jumping.  Being pregnant might have been why Daisy was acting so crazy. That's her story and we'll stick to it. LOL 
Blogging a novel is almost over. This covers up through February. Maybe now I can be more timely in my posts. Okay maybe.
So until my next Blog......

No comments: