Friday, July 17, 2015

Magic Mike and Sorority Charity Auctions

So we had a great 4th and then the days went by slowly yet almost to quick. After the 4th we had to go back to working 10 hour days so we could get that glorious Friday off. It seems to be busier this year compared to last year but that tends to make the days go faster. 
Thursday the 9th one of the girls I work with thought we needed to go to the movies. I said sure shouldn't be a problem but Pamela is coming into town so let ask if she'd like to go. As soon as I told Pamela we planned on going to see Magic Mike she was all in. Pamela also invited her elementary school friend to join us. Us girls had a fun. First we went to dinner at Los Cucos. Yum Yum. Might of had a margarita and only one. Wanted to have clear vision for the movie.
30 Minutes before show time and we're the only ones in the theater. Ashley and I were ready for the show to start. It was funny because other women started coming in and we saw one poor guy come in with his girl. Then came these two women and one was really vocal. "Hellooo ladies are we ready for some Magic Mike and on and on"  She was funny. And then at the end of the movie she had more comments and the movie ended too soon. Oh Oh the final scene leaves you with your mouth open and eyes wide open. Holy Crap. I was amazed to see Michael Strahan as a dancer. A whole new side of the man and others I recognized from other TV series. Wow and of the main hunk....Channing Tatum...mmmm yep he was good and amazing. Great way to start the week. Fun night with the girls.
Friday Pamela and I got to run errands, have lunch and she had a beauty shop appointment. 
Pamela's hair looked great thanks to our wonderful hair stylist Brittany Bunch.  
Brittany looks beautiful in whatever color of hair she has. She's the red head. If you click HERE it will take you to the shop she works at and you can make yourself an appointment. You won't regret it.
I haven't. I really need to get mine done but haven't had time. Pamela and I usually schedule our appointments the same day back to back but not this time. But I scared the heck out of her when I walked in with Pamela.
Brittany made sure Pamela's hair was curled so it would look good on Saturday.

Saturday was my sorority chairity auction and luncheon with my Phi Mu sisters. It's always a good time and fun to catch up with sisters. 
We get together to support Texas Children's Hospital and the Children's Miracle Network.

And what I didn't even think about was that it was the 40th anniversary for many of the girls. It was only my 39th. LOL
Wow where has the time gone?
Of course all the freeways around suck between traffic and construction everywhere.
Pamela took a selfie of us before pulling out of the driveway. Look I had curled hair but that didn't last long after walking from the parking lot to the restaurant. I thought I put plenty of hair spray but I guess not. Pamela's hair looked nice all day. She got some of Daddy's curly hair.
Oh I forgot to tell you an important fact.  One of my sorority sisters sold her house here in Houston and moved about 2 hours away so she called and asked if she could stay the night at our house and I said sure... No Problem. Never thought any more about it until the night before Pamela came home.. mmm When Pamela bought her house she moved the furniture out of her room here which included her bed that she put in her guest room.  OH CRAP I only have one bed now in the guest room where Sheryl will stay. OOPS.  Two folks one bed. What to do...It worked out because Pamela went to stay with her friend while her husband was out of the country for the night. Win Win 
And to top it off My Tiny Dancer Emily from Missouri texts me on Thursday evening to say she'll be in Webster just outside Houston. Not exactly just outside but close enough. Under normal circumstances it would take maybe just over an hour but nothing is normal on Houston hiways.  I feel like a bad Aunt because so much was going on that it just wasn't going to work for me to get there. So she danced 3 dances at a pageant that her instructor was putting on and I missed it. Damn it.


Can't be in all places at one time.
Here's the class of 75 and 76.
Great bunch of girls that I can call sister.



As I walked thru the Armadillo Palace and looked at all the silent auctions items this gal walked by and I thought wait a minute I know that gal but not as a Phi Mu but from somewhere else. I just couldn't figure it out until we were sitting down and I saw her smile and realized I knew her from the Middle School I worked at 8 years ago. She was one of the teachers. Her mother was a Phi Mu from Texas Tech but we won't hold that against her. LOL. Her mother was also our chapter advisor the year I came in.
This is Jonell's husband Bert and below is Jonell. They hosted an after luncheon reunion for the 70's girls. They are the host and hostess with the mostess. Bert went above and beyond. He had grilled, chicken, pulled pork, sausage, baked beans, homemade cole slaw and much more.
And trust me it was all yummy. They opened up their home and kitchen to us.

click on the following to see more pictures   Phi Mu class of 1975 and 1976  
Love in our Bond...




  It was a great day. Sheryl and I made it back to the house around 10 I think. 

Sunday I went grocery shopping so we could eat this week. ;o)

Pamela was able to stay home till Wednesday and my Mom came home from Arkansas on Monday so I took off this past Tuesday so we could go up to visit her, run some errands  and take her to lunch. Then Pamela and I headed back home to sneak in a massage at Waiting to Exhale before dinner.
It was awesome.

MMMmmm what shall this weekend bring...

Until next blog post...We are sisters. We will always be sisters. Our differences may never go away, but neither, for me, will our song. ~Elizabeth Fishel  (Blood sisters or Sorority)
 

No comments: