Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pamela's big Move


  Friday was a big day for Pamela. She signed the papers on her new home. She couldn't be happier and neither could we. More space, a yard and bigger bills but after 3 years of throwing money away on rent she was ready for something she could call her own.  Don't we all know about that.
After an hour or so of signing papers they handed over the keys... YAY it's official she's a homeowner.    The next step is a bite of lunch at the Chicken Oil, a couple of errands then the fun stuff...    We headed back to her apartment to change clothes and get busy loading her car with what we could since our cars were already full.  We had planned on loading the trailer with her belongings from our house but the forecast of possible rain made us think twice. We didn't want to ruin her new mattress and bookcase so all we could do Thursday night was load both our cars to the brim with what we could. Even managed to load her queen size bed frame and rails in my car. 
By 5pm Friday she was putting the key in the lock of her cute new home.  We unloaded our cars and went back for a couple more loads of what we could fit in our cars.  By about 9pm we were all hot and sweaty and exhausted so David and I headed back to Tomball and Pamela headed back to her apartment for a bite to eat good night sleep and we all meet up again at the house early Saturday morning.....
Friday night before going grabbing a very late bite to eat and going to bed David and I loaded the queen mattress, box springs, a small bookcase and dresser in the bed of his truck and then parked the truck in the garage until Saturday morning. We got to Pamela's house early enough to unload the truck before I was to go to the apartment. I had to be there by 9am to meet the movers. And Pamela and her Dad stayed at the house to meet all the delivery trucks, security folks, etc. Boy it was Hot.  3 young men showed up from I believe it was Little Guy Movers. They worked quickly and seemed take care with the furniture and boxes. The lead guy got hurt though. They used rubber bands to keep drawers shut but it didn't work and one of the rubber bands popped and hit him right in the corner of his eye. Made my toes curl thinking about the pain. Poor Guy was in pain but he sucked it up. I don't know how he did it because you could see he was hurting. 
They didn't take any time at all. They finished at the apartment and headed to the house and by noon they were done and off to their next move.  And we were left to start unpacking. First task was to make the beds so when we decided to stop we'd have a place to lay our heads. We were to be Pamela's first over night guest. LOL. Pamela ordered us Pizza for dinner. Tasted pretty darn good. Pamela was dying to have a glass of champagne for a celebration drink so she and I had a glass and her Dad had a beer.
Seeing how Sunday was Father's Day she didn't make him work so hard. No heavy lifting at all.  We all slept in for a while. It felt good. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Bed & Bath for items that Pamela needed and to one of David's favorite places, Home Depot. Time flies when you're having fun. It was after 5 by the time we got back to the house and it was time to take David out to a nice Dinner. We surprised him by going to Nappa Flats there in College Station. They have really good food. He and I had the pork chop special and Pamela had a filet. So Yummy.
I didn't take any pictures of the disarray which I guess I should have so you could see the progress when I go back next Saturday but I didn't.
Before we knew it it was almost 9pm and David and I had to head back to Tomball and go to work Monday.
For a sneak peek of the quilt that I thought I had finished for Pamela's guess room. Big problem.... some how I didn't make it big enough for a queen size bed and it's already quilted. TEARS and lots of cuss words.
The lighting in her room here isn't that great for taking pictures but the quilt did not drape over the edge of the bed like she wanted and wasn't really long enough either so now how do I fix it. God only knows. 
In this picture I have pinned a piece of the fabric from the backing to the border but how was I suppose to attach it and get it quilted without the raw seams showing. Clueless. More Tears.
I was even so bold to turn the quilt the other way to see if maybe she could just use it as a topper. Of course that's not what she wanted to do.  So I started calling my much more experience quilters for ideas.  
Well while at Tshirt Quilts of Texas getting some backing for tshirt quilt blocks I got to talking with my friend and the owner Betty about my dilemma. She goes why not do like the Quilt as you go method. Huh? So she explained how I might be able to salvage my screw up.    Guess What!?!  I believe it's gonna work. I hope to get most of it done this week before we go back to help Pamela with some more unpacking and hanging pictures or whatever. 
If you need a tshirt quilt contact Betty and she also does quilting of all kinds. Click here or on the name above in green.
Okay I couldn't pass up a chance to not share of a couple of pictures of my coworkers daughter Aria. This little gal plays hard and doesn't give up. Nope she just falls asleep in motion.   She also likes to share her swimming pool with Phoenix and Bandit.  Too too cute







This morning Pamela sent me this picture. Welcome to homeownership!

She walked out this morning and a neighbor from across the street decided to plow through her freshly sodded yard and park. She had to snap a picture then head to an appointment then come back to deal with. Even without the picture it was easy to figure out where the truck belonged. The muddy tires left a track to the house across the street.. She went over, introduced herself as the new neighbor that his truck just tore up her new yard. Young kid.. He did keep apologizing and said it would be fixed. Wanna place your bets? This is not how Pamela wanted to start out getting to know her neighbors. Cross your fingers all turns out well.

Until next blog post....A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. 



2 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a cute house and although your quilt wasn't quite the right size it is still amazing! I love the colors. I hope that her home is everything she thought it would be!

donna said...

Carla Pam home is so cute. I esp. love her garage doors.
Hope everything works out with her quilt.
Hugs
donna