Monday, July 7, 2014

A little of this and that


I'll start my blog with a picture of my beautiful niece Emily from Missouri. My Tiny Dancer well she also does other competitions like the Princess of America Pageant.
I saved this picture from my sisters facebook post. 
This little gal has a heart of gold and has attitude but it's all good.

Had to share this picture of her. 



Remember our barn swallows....well David got in and cleaned off the speakers but everyday for about 15 days those little buggers would start rebuilding their next. Every evening David would come home and clean off the speakers. He finally got tired of cleaning off the speakers and just took the speakers down. Guess what that didn't matter. LOL For another 2 weeks the those crazy persistant birds would build the nest on the side of the wall where the speakers were. And for another 2 weeks David would come home and clean off the nest. I think David is winning. They keep flying around but haven't attempted to rebuild lately.

We have a lunch bunch at work. We always eat lunch together and ever so often we decide to have a potluck lunch. Sometimes it has a theme and sometimes it's bring whatever you want. Thursday was one of those bring whatever you want. We always have too much food but it's all always so good and Thursday was no different. Well I tried a new recipe that my friend Linda on Linda's Life Journal posted on her blog called "Gone to Church".  I had to make a few changes to accommodate cooking it in a crock pot. Her recipe called for baking the stew meat mixture for 3-4 hours that you would then pour over wide egg noodles but this girl didn't have that much time so I emailed her asking if she thought it would work in a crock pot and she said sure go for it. The recipe was simple and was like a beef stroganoff. My lunch bunch became my guinea pigs. So in the pot I threw 4# stew meat, 2 large cans cream of mushroom soup, 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix per Linda's recipe. I added a small can of peas and seasoned with salt, pepper and a steak seasoning we use. I cooked it for 6 hours on low and 2 hours on high in the crock pot. Probably would have been fine if I'd just cooked it on low for 8 hours.  I think when baked it would absorb the juices from the meat but in the crock pot the juices from the meat made the mixture to liquidy so I added another large can of soup. Ahh much better and for the sake of speed instead of pouring the mixture over the noodles I added the noodles directly to the crock pot. 
Here's a picture of my attempt at Linda's recipe.  mmm it's way tastier than what this picture makes it look. 
The Lunch Bunch said they like it and I served some of the leftovers to David that night. Wow he loved it. That sealed the deal I'll make it again.
So Thank you Thank you Linda.  I need to try more of your recipes. Now I know what I'll be serving  at my next pokeno gathering possibly.

David came home the other night and found the prettiest butterfly on the driveway. Not sure what happened but it couldn't fly away. It was beautiful! 
I identified it as a male Black Swallowtail. What is it around here with swallows. First barn swallows and now Black Swallowtails. At least this pretty guy won't be making a huge mess like the barn swallows. I hope we see more of these guys.

Not much progress on my Project list but I hope to remedy that soon.

My project list to work on
Quad quilt #2 top complete, quilted, binding  mailed
2013 taxes yippee
Quad quilt #3 top being quilted mailed and received
Quad quilt #4 - cut out, started piecing
my last 2 handmade items from a Facebook post. Did 3 but have 2 more to create
Carolyn's quilt top complete  quilted, binding mailed
Jaxon's quilt
Sandy's quilt
Flag quilt
purse
Pamela's quilt
Pamela's tshirt quilt
Nickie's Tshirt quilt
postcards are an ongoing project
A tool pouch for David's motorcycle
Allan's quilt
phi mu auction quilt
valence for den
valence for dining room
valence for breakfast room
create more bookmarkers
create some mug rugs
new pillow covering for pam - 2
pillow cases for guest room
valence for master bath
hobo quilt
Bible Quilt
open a pattern I bought and actually make it.
start reading again

So until Next Blog... Be safe and Be happy



No comments: