Thursday, February 17, 2022

What's up February

Finish my God Daughter's Baby Quilt. Put it in the mail and it arrived before the baby due date of February 12th. I knew I was pushing it. This picture shows the quilt pattern and colors best. My neighbor Linda and her Grand-daughter held it while standing on a cattle guard.  Thank you ladies for helping.
Love the background on this next picture. But the sun was brighter than I thought and it washed out the colors but I'm sharing anyway. Next is a close up of the quilting by Donna's Lavender Nest.  Donna did a beautiful job.  My God-daughter Michelle loved the quilt.  Eloise Grace was born on Valentines Day. 
Pamela's co-worker bought her a new cup to use and stay hydrated while at work.  Cracked me up. Nurses have great sense of humors. Her friend Rebecca did good. 
On the 8th of February Me and the other Kennedy from another Momma went to lunch at Front Street Burgers. Last week was Kelli's birthday and the weather was a wee bit nasty and neither of us went anywhere. But today was beautiful. Oh My! She got a burger and I got a grilled chicken sandwich and shared onion rings. So damn good. Both, the burger and the chicken were juicy and seasoned just right. The onion rings were crisp and tasty. The owner saw that Kelli had checked in on Facebook and found out she had just had a birthday. We were about to leave and we were told to hang on.  She made Kelli a birthday Sundae. LOL I caught Kelli mid bite.
On Wednesday the 9th I had a doctor appointment for my pacemaker. Got a great report. I haven't had any signs of AFib in a year now and all seems to be working well. YAY. Pamela was off this day too so we ran errands and we went to our respective gyms. 

On Thursday the 10th I came into Bryan to feed and let the girls out before driving to Navasota.  Pamela's neighbor asked if I'd throw her son's soccer ball back over the fence. I said sure.  
Well that wasn't a good decision.  I got the ball tossed it over and went to walk back up on Pamela's patio which is about a 10" step up. Tonight that seemed to be an issue. I stepped up with the good knee first but when I came up with the bad knee I went down. My knees gave out. I got up, dusted myself off and seemed to be okay. One thing I found out is that Pamela did set up my Apple Watch to sense a fall. My watch asked if I was okay then asked for detail and gave me the option of 'I fell but okay'. It asked are you sure. If I had been hurt it gave the option 'I'm hurt get help'.  Thank goodness I was okay and no one needed to be called. 

Since I was okay I drove down to Navasota to the Wildflyer Mead Co. for a book club meeting. I'm finding things to do a little closer to home. Great group of ladies. There's a few guys that sit at the bar and might comment. The book this month was "No Words" by Meg Cabot.  It was a fun easy book. Didn't give us much to discuss. A lot of them didn't like it because it read to much like a young adult book but with sexual innuendos. A fun couple of hours, a glass of wine, and meeting new people.
I stayed the night with Pamela because we had nail appointments the next day.
Before I headed home Friday I  posted this picture on FB and said "Groovy Man"  Oh the comments I got went from .."what the heck ..oh shoot I left my edibles at your house .. What drugs are you on"  Cracked me up.  Do you know what you're looking at?  It's really very simple.......My car was dirty... I was in the carwash. No drugs here.
And how was your Valentines? Valentines is for everyone not just couples.  Here's mine and David's favorite Valentine.   Today Lilley and Pamela's pups had grooming appointments. And David and I had an appointment with an insurance agent for homeowners. So we got up and got ready to drive into Bryan. Then a train came along very very slowly and David said let's go before it blocks the loop. I gave Lilley a treat and we headed out the door.......  Did you catch what I said?  We almost made to the end of the road when I looked in the back seat and calmly said... "David we forgot Lilley"  Good Grief! The whole reason we were headed to Bryan. LOL
Luckily enough between David's driving and the traffic we still had time to pick up Pamela's pups and was only 7 minutes late to the grooming appointment. We're a mess. Pamela was going to pick them up and keep Lilley for the night and I would come down the next day to go to the gym and pick up Lilley to bring her home.
David and I had an appointment in Cameron out pass our place so off we went.  After our appointment David took me to lunch in Cameron called Ginno's.  Yummy
We have not ate Italian food in quite a while. It was really good and reasonable priced.  I'm ready to go back.
Later that evening David goes... "Pamela did remember to the get girls right?  
Me: Yes I'm sure she did. The groomer calls when they're ready.
David: Pamela just said "oh shit" I knew I forgot something.
Me: No way
Pamela had him worried for a short minute. LOL.
Hope your Valentine's Day was as crazy and good as ours.

Until Next post....

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am SO glad you are okay after that fall! A fall can change everything!
Congratulations on a good report for your heart! But I already knew you have a good one!

Annie said...

Carla, the baby quilt is wonderful. I agree, that second photo has a terrific background that gives the quilt the feeling of cozy. Haha...love the fun new beverage cup. My mother isn’t a nurse but she does have a best friend ‘pam’! Glad your little fall wasn’t worse than simply a fall.