Sunday, January 31, 2021

A few going on's

 

On the 14th I went into Bryan to spend the night with Pamela. I drove her to do a couple of drop offs while I sat in the car and back to her house to rest while we waited for her babies to get out of grooming.  Lilley didn't come in this time.  Aren't they cute. Brianna is leaning like she's drunk or half asleep.  Sophie is sitting like a sweet girl. That evening Pamela & I went to dinner then came home and had some wine while watching Wonder Woman 1984.  It was pretty good. Well, I liked it, anyway. Got up Friday to go pick up groceries at HEB and Pamela took off to have lunch with friends. What a day. I went to HEB grabbed my groceries, refused one of the substitutes, and then headed to Petsmart for a curbside pickup.  While sitting there I get a call from HEB they forgot to put a bag in the car. I would have said shelf it and don't charge me but I needed the frozen veggies for dinner that night. So back to HEB.  Got my bag then headed to Wal-Mart for curbside. I couldn't get everything at HEB. Finally I can head home sort of.  I had to make a quick stop in Hearne Brookshire brothers for 2 things that I didn't get in Bryan. Geeze. Gotta Love Curbside.  I get home and David unloads my car while I start putting things away. Less walking on the stupid knee. That's when I discover that HEB didn't  bag 2 other items. Really!! I had to call them to make sure they gave me credit for the items I did not receive and the substitution I refused. Never had this kind of problem with curbside.  Speaking of curbside I need to place another order.Friday evening (1/15) I tried my hand at making Chicken pot pie. I had boiled a chicken the day before. I took some of it to make jalapeno chicken salad for Pamela and some for us.The rest went to my tasty pot pie.
Before you ask I did not make the crust. I used Pillsbury Pie crust. You'll find them near the canned biscuits. I left it out to come to room temperature. I sprayed my skilled and layed 1 crust in the bottom and kinda pressed it up the sides. The rest was easy thanks to Ross H. sharing his recipe of throwing things together. I did the same, no measuring. I grabbed a mixing bowl and threw in a pile of chopped up chicken, almost a whole bag of frozen mixed veggies, I added a small amount of grilled chopped onions. I used 2 cans of cream of chicken then added my homemade chicken broth  to thin it to my likings, and added some seasoning called 'Chicken Shit'. Mixed it all up and poured into the crust. I took the 2nd crust and laid it on top of the skillet. Pinched the sides down into the skillet. I whipped up an egg and brushed it on top to help get that golden brown look then threw it in a preheated oven @   and cooked for
Now that Pamela has her new furniture I tossed her quilt over the couch. Furniture is great and the quilt looks good on it, even I do say so myself.  
    Went to my Heart Rhythm doctor and told him about the weird hot flashes I've been having and how it makes me dizzy, sick and want to pass out and how I had narrowed down the only culprit left and that was the Eliquis I started taking after the pacemaker was inserted. He laughed and said if I had told him a week sooner he would have been skeptical because side effects in Eliquis has been almost non existent but that last week he had a guy complaining about some things he was dealing with. Well they took him off Eliquis and in 3-5 days the issues disappeared. So on Tuesday the 26th I took my last Eliquis and 3 days later I haven't experienced but a small hot flash.  Add 2 more days and I haven't had any so it looks like he'll move changing me to Xarelto. Now if my knee would cooperate and let me walk normal again without pain I'd be a happy camper.  I'll see what the Ortho Doc has to say next week. Geez no fun being me. But I keep trying.Well January is ending and I've hopefully solved one issue.. Maybe February will be the magic month to being healthy again.  Until next post...May your bobbin always be full!
                                                     



 

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I looked forwarded to your post, and you didn't let me down.LOLLL LMAO....Chicken Shit....Mick will not believe me when I put it on my grocery list.

Feel better.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Carla, your chicken pot pie looks yummy. That must have been scary having those symptoms. I haven't taken Eliquis, I am on Warfarin. I know it is a bit more work because of having to check blood every so often, but I have been lucky and can stay in the recommended count. I haven't had any problems yet from it. The pups are so pretty and love that new quilt..Stay well..xxoJudy