Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Are we having fun?

     I'm on this FB page called  Texas Birds and Butterflies and a lady name Mary Lloyd Richards posted these  awesome pictures of the Eastern Bluebirds in her yard in Kurten Texas.  It's not far from the Rock'n K actually. Now I have 3-5 flying around here sometimes but I've never seen this many at one place and time.  
She had 20 at one time at her birdbath.  She caught 14 of them in the picture. I asked her permission if I could share the pictures on my blog and she said yes. Aren't they beautiful. Thank you Mary for letting me share.   
On the 5th of December I met up with my book nerd friends of 23 years and 11 months. LOL. That's a long time. We share the love of reading. This meeting was about our latest book "Dear Edward" by Ann Napolitano. This is a picture of club founder, Jan. She shared her home for this meeting. It was big enough we could social distance except for our group pictures. Love these girls and our books we read. Well 99% of the books. LOL.  This book was one of the 99%.  It took a while to understand the reason for the title. Finally it became clear. I won't share any more than that so I won't spoil it in case any of you readers want to read it. Being in this group we read books that we may never have read if someone in the group hadn't picked it.Our next book is "The Pale Faced Lie" by David Crow. I got it on audible and I will start listening as soon as I finish a book called "The Dry Grass of August" by Anna Jean Mayhew. It's not a book I would have picked up to read but I started listening to it as a recommendation from a blog I follow called Jo's Country Junction.   I'm really liking the book. It wasn't at all what I expected. 
Not much happening around here lately. I've been having issues with my right knee since November 3rd. Got a steroid shot and no relief. Finally this Friday (12/18) I get to have an MRI to see what's going on. I hope they can figure out what's wrong and can get me fixed up.  It's hard getting around. It only hurts when I walk. Image that. I'm using one crutch to try to get around and it does help some.  The maddening part is I didn't fall or anything. I'm ready to feel good with no more issues in 2021 please, I'd be thrilled for it to fixed before the end of 2020. 
I Love how my sister in law celebrated her 60th birthday recently.  
This is great. One year her friends hung up a whole lot of bra's in her trees. I think it was for her 40th or 50th and the sign read something like "We're here to support you"  Love it. Now that was a sight to see. But this is pretty good. 
This is Glenda and her man, Thomas. They make a cute couple. She's like Pamela and I, she celebrates for days. Yeah it's the only way to go.
I'm working on 2 quilts to finish off my year. These 2 make 8 quilts this year. Not bad for me who used to just buy the fabric and never sew. LOL. I'll show case them all off in a latter blog. 
Hope everyone is safe and warm. That's it for now...
Until next blog post...Never let yesterday use up too much of today.-  ~ Will Rogers 







 

2 comments:

Handywoman said...

Love the bird pictures very much.... so much fun!!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the birds. Before we moved back to the city, we would get a couple of the blue birds. Sure miss all our critters.

Here we have had two squirrels, 3 lizards, some birds, and a yellow cat that likes to sit on my car at night.

Wow...that's a lot of quilts. I might have finished 8 blocks...maybe LOL. Not much of anything going on over here.

Just staying fat and sassy!