Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Angry Weather

Week of May 12th.  Well not much has been happening this week. Okay so maybe hiding in the bath room for an hour after my daughter calls to check on me and tells me my area is under a tornado watch. I had no clue. I was working and didn't have the TV on. Oops. I feel like we get 2 days of sunshine and then 5-6 days of rain. The ground is saturated and the rivers are running high. We can't truly complain since we know here in Texas that by July we'll be crying for rain and our ponds will be drying up. Can't
win but it would be nice if it could balance it out. LOL

At least with all the rain everything is really green and growing. Our front entrance looks pretty good.  David thought I must have edited the picture to make it look so good but I didn't. Even the brat/charmer Jerry made it in the picture background.




David planted 5 tomato plants in a temporary bed until he finishes building our raised garden beds. And look we already have tomatoes. This is one of the expensive raised beds he finished. Why do I call it expensive. Hmmm well Mr Kennedy proceeded to build it on the driveway and tries to carry/drag it by himself to it's location.  Umm not a good idea. He stepped wrong and fell on the raised bed and damaged his right shoulder. He had already injured it a few months back and it was just healing. It was hurting bad enough he actually went to the doctor. That tells me he was in lots of pain. And then maybe it was because he could only lift his arm up from the elbow.
Diagnosis's was a partial torn ligament and badly bruised muscle.
He's taking medication for now and plus he'll start PT then they'll revisit after a period of time to see if anything has changed.  That means he has to be a good boy and not over do it. Silly boy planted 2 trees Sunday afternoon(12th) That counted as over doing it.  He learned the hard way.



For Mother's Day we met my parents for lunch. It was a good visit and food. We even got a free Mimosa to drink. After lunch David, Pamela and I stopped at Martha's Bloomers to look around. They have so many pretty plants and pots. We used their plants for a few photo ops.  It was a great day.
  
 Some many nifty landscape ideas.







Not sure about the horse being in the landscape. I mean it won't eat or need to be fed.  Now Can I have a pony David? LOL This piece of art didn't come cheap. So that's a No to the purchase.
Just a few pics from Martha's Bloomers.

I don't want water lilies in the pond but this one is pretty.

 And a blueberry  bush. We need a blueberry bush or two since we eat a lot of blueberries.

I think this bumble bee would look good in the front flower bed.  Best thing is .... it won't sting!

Trying to fit as much work in as possible before leaving for a trip north and find out my computer hasn't been syncing with the Main file. Perfect. I ended up having to forward my files to my boss at the last minute. Over 29 of them. Grrrr. I feel really bad that I had to leave my co-workers with all my unsaved files. Hope I can get this straightened out.....

So Saturday May 18th Pamela and I get up and head off for Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas. Of course I have to question our timing.  The weather has been crazy up that way with storms and tornadoes. Yay.... We left in sunshine and by the time we get to Denton Texas it starts pouring. We decide to go through the Wendy's drive thru to grab a bite and sit still to see if the rain eases up.
Then it happened my window didn't want to roll back up and it's pouring in my window.  Had to turn my car off and on to get my window up. I was a little wet but the window is up.  The rain starts to ease up and our next stop will be for some gas and finally Pawhuska, OK.

More on the trip later...

Until next blog.....“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore” ~ Christopher Columbus


No comments: