Monday, September 24, 2018

Rock'n K progress and Critters

Okay I'm gonna be like the Mom with a new baby and share and over load you on pictures of the new critters at the Rock'n K. David asked me if I ever dreamed of us living in the country with animals. My answer was living in the country Yes but I never dreamed of the animals.  We have officially named Mr Donkey now.
So David had said we could name him Poncho and I was okay with that but then my sister Barbara mentioned naming him after my Dad. I started laughing and the more I thought about it I had to ask David and Pamela what they thought and they agreed that his name could be Jerry. Dad would have the kids pull his ear and he would bay just like a donkey. I know silly but it makes me laugh and think of Dad. I'm sure he's laughing with the Angels and asking the Little Angels to pull his ear.💖
Last weekend (9/15) we had to go meet the cabinet maker Keith and our Builder Bubba to layout the shelving in the closets, utility and pantry room. We walked in and all the crown molding was up in the den, entry, dining and kitchen. Wow. Looking pretty cool.
 
Here's our 5 Momma cows. The 4 baby calves would not come out of the tree line. The Momma's only came out because David spread out some cow crack.  LOL  It's a range pellet to supplement their diet. And they love them!
The cows are very skittish so David poured out the pellets and then sat down next to them. The cows weren't to sure they wanted to get that close but these two decided the cow crack was more important than some cow whisperer. LOL
Jerry loves carrots. When David stops giving him the carrots he nuzzles David's shoulder, elbow or knee. It's so funny. Jerry gets close enough to get his carrot and his nose rubbed but any fast movements and he jumps back.


We brought up my pantry door so they could install it when the time comes and then at some point stain it. Not sure when that exactly happens. Maybe the next two-three weeks.  While we were there the trim guys even finish out the 3 - 6 hole shoe boxes. the should be mounted shortly.


And all the lines were drawn in the pantry and closets for the shelving locations.
In previous pictures you'll notice Jerry his bridle on. Well when I posted it on FB several of my friends who are familiar with horses/donkey's told us we need to remove it. They said it could be very sad if Jerry got caught up in the fence or bushes and panicked.  So we bribed Jerry with a few carrots and very slowly started removing the bridle.  Jerry was a good boy. David gave him rub on the head for his good behavior.  LOL  Almost looks like Jerry's smiling.
Well that's it for now. I need to get my pictures downloaded from this past weekend (9/22) with all the updates. Things are moving right along at the house. Our lives have been consumed with house and animals. LOl

That's it for now
Until next blog...I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is. 
~Kurt Vonnegut




1 comment:

Saimi said...

Ok, I love that you named your cute donkey Jerry after your dad, its a perfect name that fits him and the video made me laugh, what a personality he has.You were smart to remove his halter, we do the same with our horses. Your construction is coming along nicely, It's going to be so nice when it's all done!! The cows sure are enjoying their treat, looks like a wonderful pasture for them as well!
Take care and have a good rest of the week!
Saimi