Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Little of This and That

While Pamela was playing in Colorado we took care of Sophie. She and her Momma Lilley had a good time chasing each other 
but sometimes Sophie just wants her furless Grampy to play with her....and she's very persistent..
 I have a friend Letty at work that I call the Butterfly whisperer. She's always nurturing cocoons and butterfly's. 



On November 15th she had a butterfly release. 

Her photos are just beautiful of the release.
She needs to make postcards.


Pamela had to have a quick biopsy procedure on the 20th so I went to spend the weekend. She was suppose to work but got put on call so we drove to the farm to deliver so items to David and help him if needed. The girls enjoy being free.
Of course it was Selfie time.

For Thanksgiving we went to David's sister's house.

She and Thomas hosted a great feast of yummy food. We kind of tradition that I bring the broccoli, rice and cheese casserole and desert then my other sister-n-law brings mashed taters and pistachio salad.  




Glenda's youngest, Kevin decided to give her bunny ears.






This year Pamela and I made a pumpkin cheese cake with pecan praline topping. Placed extra candied pecans around the cake.  We did good.     Everything was delicious.
On December 3rd I attended Phi Mu Sorority's 'Baubles and Sweets" exchange.  This is the first one I've attended. I'm not a baker but I managed to make 2 dozen pumpkin cheesecake cookies.  This was the year of the pumpkin I guess. Pumpkin Cheesecake at Thanksgiving and now pumpkin cheesecake cookies.
This is my big sister Patty from sorority. She was number 1 to open her ornament and the next person up stole it from her. She went back for another bag. She no sooner had it opened before the next person stole that ornament too.
She got a new bag to only have it stolen again. Poor thing just couldn't keep an ornament. She had the ornament everyone wanted. LOL 
This was the white elephant of ornaments. Had fun in Pamela O's home. Pamela O. had the perfect staircase for all of us to snap a picture on and such a beautiful home that she opened and shared it with us.







The following week David had to have cataract surgery. It grew fast. One week he's noticing a bit of a blur in his vision and in the next was real blurry. When he went in to the doctor they told him his cataract is dead center of his eye. So he had the surgery and the eye is healing. Not as fast as he'd like of course. 
He was told no bending over to lift and strain on his eyes so he decided to go to the farm to do what he could without getting in trouble. He dropped me off at Pamela's so we could run some errands. After the errands we ended up at Peach Creek Winery. I had a tasting and then bought a glass of wine. We took our wine outside to sit on the swings since it was so pretty out.  Now the only problem with this was Pamela is not fond of bugs especially the pesky honey bee that kept flying around. At one point the damn thing flew into her hair and sent her squealing. Now we're on a swing and her wine glass went flying too. I caught the glass before it hit the ground but almost all the wine sloshed out.  I'm sure the scene from inside was hilarious. I mean I was cracking up. Poor Pamela she was traumatized. Apparently the folks inside felt bad for her and gave her another glass of wine.
I finally got my Texas Flag quilt top put together and sent to the quilters. I was shocked how fast Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest got it quilted and back to me.  It only took me 7 plus years to work on it and finish it.  All I have to do now is put the binding on. It came in handy the night I opened the box. Love star and state of Texas quilting. I'll share more pics after I get it bound.


Recently I was asked to make something quilty for a co-worker who was retiring by one of the girls in her department.  Whew not much time but I came up with a bird theme since I know Margaret loves birds and I decided to made a scrappy signature quilt. And Thank Goodness for awesome friends like Donna Marie who did the embroidery for me after I found and sent her the pattern. When I first started putting it together I wasn't sure I was happy with it but after the block was completed I was happy how it turned out.  
Margaret can make it into a pillow or a small wall hanging. I went over after they gave her the block Monday the 18th and told Margaret Goodbye and that I was jealous. Her farm is a little over an hour from ours. Told if she needed any more the fabrics I used to finish it off to let me know I had more. 

So now I need to work on finalizing Christmas buying and sorting out what I already have. I can't find the hangers for our stockings and I can't find our Christmas Cards. Oh Lordy. I may be sending out a Happy New Year Card instead.

I think this post pretty much catches me up on all events or adventures for now.
There's always another day of adventures in this house so stay tuned.

Until next Blog .... Have cup of Hot Chocolate and relax. 


3 comments:

Linda said...

I loved catching up on your comings and goings! There’s not much time but if you can send me your address I would love to send you a Christmas card!

Linda said...

I just reread this post and forgot to send you that card! I’ll do it today!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the signature quilt. I love it. Get that house built and we can have our own quilt retreats. Or you can come over here. Happy 2018
Margaret