Wednesday, November 30, 2016

My Last Post for November

This month seems to have flown by. Yet at the same time it took forever. Have you ever felt like that.
So this year I decided to do a small amount of fall decorating. My daughter is always decorating for fall and Christmas in some way so she inspired me. We went to Hobby Lobby and bought a few items and I placed them in plain view for all to see. That is everyone but my husband, the one who is always so observant but not this time. It took him 3 weeks and only after our daughter asked him if he liked the decorations. LOL. This table is right as you walk in the back door from the garage. Shouldn't be hard to miss, Right?
I was going to buy this flower pot that looked like a tractor that had pumpkins in it when it
dawned on me that I have a tractor from my childhood and a wagon that I have on a shelf in my office that I could use to fill with pumpkins. And that's just what I did. I think it looks pretty cute on the mantel with the other pumpkins.
I had a few pumpkins left over and I put them in the dish on my dining room table for color.  Maybe I'll add something else next year. Maybe.
Now I need to find a tub the right size to put these decorations in to store away in the attic until next year.  Now to pull out the Christmas decor.




David found someone to come in and clean up
our pond and reshape it. I mean it had a pretty crazy shape when we bought the place.  The original pond was a small oval but over time the next owner dug out several different canals going different directions. This is a picture of my computer screen from Google earth of how our pond did look until two weeks ago. Crazy huh? It had some big fish in it surprisingly. Of we lost most of them during the re-configuring of the pond darn it. Can't wait for Google Earth to take a new picture of how it looks now.  It kinda looks like a large crater where a meteor hit. Can't wait till it fills completely up with water and we can restock it. At the deepest part it is 15' deep.
And the water that is filling by itself is really clear. Not sure if they hit a spring or if the water
table is really high but the pond was filling itself up slowly. We're hoping for good rains to help it along.
Here's what it kinda looks like now from my ground view. Water when full will be to the top dirt ring and up to the truck.



Maybe I should hop on this caterpillar and dig another hole.  Makes me think of a Thomas Michael Riley song called "Dig a Hole"
The song is about a husband and wife who are each digging a hole to bury the other one in. If you click on the song title you can hear the song. I don't plan on digging one for David trust me. Can't speak for him though.... honey..that hole isn't for me is it?







Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving? I hope so. We went to my Sister-in-Laws new home
with her new Husband.
They went and did it! They went and got married. Congratulations to the Happy Couple. Welcome to the Family Thomas, now you're stuck with this group.
Everything was so good. Glenda goes "you keep taking pictures of us when we were looking down". Hey you were busy making sure everything was just right for us. I'll try to catch them looking at the camera and smiling at Christmas.
Caught her again looking down. That's her oldest Phillip.
This is my sister-in law Lynn with her youngest Kendall. My brother in law is a fireman and was hard at work while we were relaxing. He actually had to go to a fire that someone started while frying a turkey.  My daughter Pamela also had to work on Thanksgiving day so these two missed all the yummy food. Being a Nurse and a Fireman they don't always get holidays off.  
We had a wonderful day and meal. 





No comments: