Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. I had a full weekend. 
But first let me share this truck with you. I had stopped at Petsmart and when I was getting in my car I looked up and saw this truck. OMG you've got to be kidding. All I could do was laugh. I mean it gets your attention and then you notice the website link.
  
It started on Friday night. I went out to eat with a couple of friends from work Samara with her daughter Marina and Ashley with her baby girl Aria. But we had to wait to meet up. First Samara had to get her daughter Adelynn off to her 8th grade dance. For an 8th grader it's like High School prom.Then met at Mucho Mexico for dinner and a couple of margarita's. Aria kept us entertained. I do believe she was flirting with the waiters. 
 This baby is so cute and looks just like Momma. We all had our turn keeping her busy but like all little ones she could only stand so much of being stuck in a high chair so it was time to move on. But we had lots of laughs and fun before splitting up 2 hours later.

 
But girls we messed up. Marina was taking the pictures and never got in them.  Next time she has to be in the pictures. Marina is 9 or 10. Dang I forgot how old she is but she did a fine job taking pictures.


These girl's are a bad influence on me. 
LOL
Then Saturday morning I got up and got ready for a baby shower. I got the shower invitation and didn't recognize the person's name on the envelope or the name who the shower was for. I figured it was one of Pamela's and I couldn't put the names and faces together then I pulled out another card insert where it asked to ship the gifts the honoree's home in Wyoming.  LOL All of a sudden it clicked...It was a HS friend of Pamela's but Lauren was the daughter of our neighbor and motorcycle riding buddy of David's. 
When I got there Lauren and I talked and I was trying to remember when the last time was when I had seen her and it has been at least 10 years when her sister and Pamela graduated. Lauren was just as beautiful as she was then and expecting her first child now.
The next picture I messed it up. It's out of focus but you can see how the gift was presented. As Lauren pulled it out of the bag there were little clothes on a clothes line. It was such a cute idea.
 
This is a beautiful family inside and out.
Meet her sister Megan and her Mother Scottie

Now I hope I get this right. Her sister in law Ashley and her Mother in law Lillian were the hostess's. They had a lovely home and made everyone welcome. 
 Mother's day was breakfast with My Mom, step father Joe and David at Harris County BBQ.  They have a great breakfast menu.

This lady is pretty special to me. She provided for me when it was just me and her.. She made sure I had things that the other kids had like shindig boots (remember those), she made sure I participated in what sports or activities I wanted when possible. She was known to turn me across her lap and spank me if I had misbehaved. One time when I was around 8 or 9 she borrowed the landlady's yard stick to spank me for having friends in the apartment when she wasn't home. Cardinal rule no visitors when she wasn't home and to make it worse they hid in the closet. The yard stick broke. If it hadn't hurt so bad it would have been funny since she had to buy a new yard stick. And no I didn't need counseling or CPS. It was just a good ole spankin. I had a healthy respect for obeying my Momma. LOL    Love my Momma.
After breakfast David asked what I wanted to do and I really didn't have anything in mind. He asked about the Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham and I said sure. We had heard how beautiful it was but we must have hit it at a bad time. 
Very few flowers were blooming and their rose stock was pretty low. I can imagine it would be lovely if all the flowers were blooming. We even made a stop at Sierra Classic Homes to get an idea the cost of having a home built on the farm.  Come to find out they don't build in the area where the farm is. Darn it. 
Here's a few of the pictures from the Rose Emporium.
 
This furry thing was dead so I was free to take it's picture. If it weren't a spider I might have said it was kinda pretty.
I had just walked pass this very spot 5 minutes earlier and that spider wasn't there. I'm guessing the guy and his son that was standing there when we came back by must have killed it.  I think I would have ran. It was big !



 Look at these tiny tiny buds  and this pretty yellow rose bud


I would love to do something like this on the Farm. A bed of roses or what ever.  Not sure where at on the property but somewhere on that 14 acres this would be cool.





Our final destination was Bryan/College Station. We went up to visit Pamela and have dinner to end our day. She had worked the day before and would be working the day after so she didn't make it home for Mother's Day. It was A lovely day.  Before dinner we drove out to the her new house to check it out. Appliances, flooring and fixtures are in. I guess they'll be doing the touch ups, install the faux wood blinds, sprinkler system and grass before Thursday she does first walk through inspection. So Excited for her.

Thanks for stopping by and reading about my life and adventures as they are.

Until next blog post...A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. Tenneva Jordan


3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have been busy, but having fun! I think you should have stepped on the spider after the photo op just to make sure...............just sayin'

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That drink has a pretty colour.
I would have been so afraid at seeing such a huge spider!

Handywoman said...

I love the bed in the garden idea!!!!!!