Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A shower then A Quilting I will go

Ha...I bet you were thinking I meant I took a shower didn't you. Come on admit it you were thinking who cares if she took a shower or not. 
LOL! Well my co-workers might if I start stinking to be honest but that's another story. 

I was actually talking about a Baby Shower. On March 10th I went to my co-worker/friend Samara's sister's baby shower. I know this, I want them to plan and decorate for any baby showers I have. 
Samara and her sister Seyla plus a couple of others went above and beyond. They really got into this decorating bit. The decor was so pretty and cute. Look at that cake.







And this is the Guest of Honor...Beatrize. She's 36 weeks along. She says she feels huge but look at the girl, she is tiny and all baby. She's full of personality that I think really shines in this picture of her. I met her at her nieces track meets and then I learn she could do architectural drawings and had her do some preliminary architectural drawings of our original floor plan that we wanted to us to build at the Rockn' K. Since that first draw we've tweaked it several more times. 
I'm stealing this cute idea. They gave each guest a blank block from Hobby Lobby. About 2" square and each guest was to decorate it with colored markers. It was a really cute idea. And I forgot to take a picture of the blocks. But trust me it was a really cute idea.
 I had to leave before she opened gifts but I was sent a picture of her opening my gift. Beatrize is a Texas A & M Aggie graduate so I couldn't resist getting her some little Aggie items. All the fabric hanging down is my way of letting her know she has a quilt coming for her future Aggie.

This picture was so cute. They played a game where the participates had to put a balloon under their shirts then bend over without busting the balloon and tie their shoes.  The young lady in orange is Beatrize oldest niece Adelynn. Adelynn said there is no way she wants to be pregnant. She popped her balloon not long after bending over. It was too funny. It's one of those you had to be there moments.
Here's a picture of Beatrize with her sister's Samara and Seyla who did the decorations.  It was a sweet shower and I was honored to be included.
To bring you up to date.. Beatrize and her husband Shane had a sweet baby boy March 26th at 8 pounds 5 oz. and like 22 1/2" long.    Like I said she was all baby.

So now that I've had my shower (LOL) I was off to quilt retreat. This was my 10th retreat to organized. I organized my first retreat in the fall of 2013. I have a great group of quilty friends that joins me each time. Some have been to every retreat and some have had to miss one or two due to surgeries, grandbabies or travel. It's always a fun time. Even with all the laughter we manage to complete several projects. 

I'll keep this post short and I'll share more about retreat on my next post. This retreat was for 6 and an impromptu booking. Everyone got there and set up Sunday evening and got to work. 
Trying to get all my pictures edited and in one folder. I need to hurry up so I can be more current on my posts. Oh well...



Until next blog post..... Small wonders...Bring special joys

No comments: